1515 Gennessee - West Bottoms

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
smh
Supporter

Re: 1515 Gennessee - West Bottoms

Post by smh »

Highlander wrote:
grovester wrote:Screw you guys, the Bottoms are great! The thrift/antique places are maintaining the building stock until they're ripe for other endeavors. Between Genessee, Voltaire and Woodswether, I've got my food options covered, and now I hear about another bar, The Ship. Throw in the multitude of festivals, Boulevardia, Baconfest, Royal and you're just a little residential away from vibrancy. Go Bill Haw!
I stumbled into the West Bottoms by accident on my recent trip to KC. The place was hopping. I arrived totally by accident during "Warehouse Weekend" (I think that was what it was called) and it was an extremely well attended event. I really liked the options the food trucks brought along. But they've got to do something with the odor down there - it certainly discouraged any appetite. The smell of sewage was pretty strong and pervasive while we were there; I am hoping that is not a regular occurrence.
Glad you were able to see the Bottoms on its best weekend! I haven't noticed the sewage odor in the area where most of the antique/furniture places are, however it is ever present on the I-70 viaduct.
HalcyonKC
New York Life
New York Life

Post by HalcyonKC »

I wish KCK would do something about their nasty sewer plant. I frequently cross into Kansas on I-70 for work and that smell usually hits me right as I see the sign for the Kansas state line, although some days are worse than others. It doesn't exactly say "welcome to Kansas."
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

I remember when there was still stockyards and slaughterhouses. The stench was so thick and powerful but stench from humans is even worse.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

moderne wrote:I remember when there was still stockyards and slaughterhouses. The stench was so thick and powerful but stench from humans is even worse.
(in jest) it's official, you're old
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Yea, im old. Old enough to have a memory of the smell of shit and death imprinted in my brain. Now that nasty gruesome process of obtaining meat is done in the emptiness of the high plains. We just see the end product in plastic under refrigeration.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

moderne wrote:Yea, im old. Old enough to have a memory of the smell of shit and death imprinted in my brain. Now that nasty gruesome process of obtaining meat is done in the emptiness of the high plains. We just see the end product in plastic under refrigeration.
I've been in a town where they do meat packing. The smell was nasty
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

missingkc
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by missingkc »

Critical Mass - Thanks very much for all the photos taken at the various construction sites around town. As someone living away from KC, always hungry for new visuals.
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

missingkc wrote:Critical Mass - Thanks very much for all the photos taken at the various construction sites around town. As someone living away from KC, always hungry for new visuals.
You're welcome!
Also thank the 60+ degree temperatures that made my development tour possible. :D
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

interior pics from the public tour: https://www.facebook.com/rick.usher.14/ ... 8045244490