OFFICIAL - Apex on Quality Hill (10th & Jefferson)

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
KCDowntown
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

OFFICIAL - Apex on Quality Hill (10th & Jefferson)

Post by KCDowntown »

Found another permit for a project on Quality Hill.

This one rezones 3 parcels just to the north of HNTB as residential. The parcels comprise the entire block as seen on this map.

This project also appears to be undertaken by the same Indianapolis company associated with the Summit on Quality Hill project, Cityscape Residential. Here is a link to some of Cityscape Residential's current work.

Permit

Looks like there is one more rezoning permit from these people. The parcels and project name have not appeared on this one yet. This blank permit is what the Apex & Summit project permits looked like on Friday when they came out, so it can change anytime. I will keep following it.

Based on the permits at this point I cannot tell whether this is for a single building or many buildings.

KCDowntown

Downtown Development Map
smh
Supporter

Re: Apex on Quality Hill

Post by smh »

Hopefully we are getting Old Town Carmel and not Prairie Lakes
longviewmo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by longviewmo »

Looks like they're afraid of building anything taller than four stories. Also looks overwhelmingly suburban except for that one building they converted.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

Attended a meeting today on this project. Here are some numbers that were thrown out:

Apex (10th/Jefferson): 130 units
Summit (12th/Jefferson not including the parking lot at the SW corner, but including the SW corner of 12th/Washington) 256 units.

Expecting rents in the $1.50/sq ft range.

We saw some conceptual renderings of the Quality Hill buildings, but no site plan. The building concepts were generic and lacked imagination.

We did see a site plan for the Crossroads project that showed a 5-6 story double-H-shaped (basically) building with a parking garage, swimming pool, grassy area, etc. Some surface parking, though most of it will be built under Pennway/Broadway overpass.

There were no unit numbers mentioned on the Crossroads project. It had a very Market Station vibe about it (albeit taller). I think the development is great considering the site. It is a no man's land.

There will be no mixed-use component to any of the developments.
The developer touted his love for KC by talking about the 3,500 units his company has developed in Joco (including two developments at Prairiefire!) and Eastern Jackson County. :roll:

Questions?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

273 units for the westside/crossroads project, i added that info to that thread: http://kcrag.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=19449
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

Here is a rough outline of the parcels included in this project.

ALSO: I wonder if we shouldn't merge all three of these projects into one Cityscape thread? Rather than continuing to make three separate posts?
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

found a rendering on http://cityscaperesidential.com

smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

Critical_Mass wrote:found a rendering on http://cityscaperesidential.com

These (this one and the one in the Summit thread) are the renderings shown in the meeting I attended.
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

^ to my eye, it looks like Apex & Summit projects are using identical building types. The rendering for Summit showing the front and the Apex rendering above showing the back.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

Critical_Mass wrote:^ to my eye, it looks like Apex & Summit projects are using identical building types. The rendering for Summit showing the front and the Apex rendering above showing the back.
Good point. I'm not sure either rendering is actually tied to the site at this point, but looking at them one is clearly the back, the other the front of the same building.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

the presentation we saw showed two separate renderings for apex and summit. the developer indicated one of the two was more of a reference to what existed there before.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

DaveKCMO wrote:the presentation we saw showed two separate renderings for apex and summit. the developer indicated one of the two was more of a reference to what existed there before.
There were two renderings, but I think Critical_Mass is right that it is basically the front and back of the same building.
cubsmike33
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by cubsmike33 »

mgh7676
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by mgh7676 »

Not really a fan.

Worn Copy
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Worn Copy »

mgh7676 wrote:Not really a fan.

I believe the expression is 'ham-fisted'. The facade's acceptable, but how it hits the ground and the site planning is just really poor.

No doubt the first thing people will ask when being marketed this vibrant, urban lifestyle is "what about the parking"?
mgh7676
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by mgh7676 »

I don't understand the drawing...is that street suppose to be Jefferson? Or is it mid-block parking? Either way, it really fails to fit into the quaintness of the neighborhood. Quality Hill is one of my favorite walkable neighborhoods in the city...this just looks like what could be a fairly urban building built into a suburban style landscape.
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chaglang »

Worn Copy wrote:
mgh7676 wrote:Not really a fan.

I believe the expression is 'ham-fisted'. The facade's acceptable, but how it hits the ground and the site planning is just really poor.

No doubt the first thing people will ask when being marketed this vibrant, urban lifestyle is "what about the parking"?
I'm sure it has some New York style amenities. :D

Pushing the first floor up 6' is a huge missed opportunity to have some actual ground-level activity, instead of a double loaded parking lot. Fairly sure someone thought that giving people access at ground level was a security risk.
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Worn Copy
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Worn Copy »

chaglang wrote: I'm sure it has some New York style amenities. :D
Zing!
chaglang wrote: Pushing the first floor up 6' is a huge missed opportunity to have some actual ground-level activity, instead of a double loaded parking lot. Fairly sure someone thought that giving people access at ground level was a security risk.
Ugh. You're probably right...read some Oscar Newman, people!!!
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

mgh7676 wrote:I don't understand the drawing...is that street suppose to be Jefferson? Or is it mid-block parking? Either way, it really fails to fit into the quaintness of the neighborhood. Quality Hill is one of my favorite walkable neighborhoods in the city...this just looks like what could be a fairly urban building built into a suburban style landscape.
I think it is mid block parking. It won't be much better on the Jefferson facing side though. :(