OFFICIAL - Corrigan Building

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Re: Corrigan Building

Post by DaveKCMO »

ICYMI - Roasterie to open in Corrigan http://www.kansascity.com/news/business ... 15034.html
missingkc
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: OFFICIAL - Corrigan Building

Post by missingkc »

Corrigan Bldg now 90% leased. Can new construction be far behind?

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business ... 19798.html
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

I'm wondering what happened to Chewology. The garage retail space hasn't had any work started. The chewology website says coming soon to Kansas City with a map that has a pin dropped on the Plaza. Did they change locations?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

chewology fell through. "90% leased" means the old building has one floor still vacant.
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

I read something about Corvino's Supper Club in the Corrigan Building in the Star. Has it opened? I see a facebook page but no website for the restaurant. If open, has anyone been there? Of all the new restaurants coming to the area, this one sounded as if it should be among the 2-3 best.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Highlander wrote:I read something about Corvino's Supper Club in the Corrigan Building in the Star. Has it opened? I see a facebook page but no website for the restaurant. If open, has anyone been there? Of all the new restaurants coming to the area, this one sounded as if it should be among the 2-3 best.
went last night for a drink and it was hopping with live music and full dining room. tried to make a reservation for this evening, but they were booked (must book on their site -- no OpenTable). neighbors had dinner there tonight and loved it. very cool space, but unusual for KC.

chef's table/private dinning opens in may.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Ate there Friday. Everything is very good but they are small plates. We got 8 things between the four of us and still could have eaten more. Not a place to take people who like max food per dollar.

I wasn't expecting the stage to be so prominent....I typically hate live music especially when eating but didn't bother us at all.

They book their reservations in a site called tock or something like that...It's linked off their website.
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

The food is pretty good. There is an Asian influence to most of the dishes. Prices for the small plates are around $8-$25. There are two bigger plates - a black cod for $40 and a Wagyu ribeye for $65, IIRC.

Corvino does have a bar menu. I think it is available after 10pm. My wife says the hamburger is great (especially if your small plates didn't fill you up), and only $8.

The space is cool, as you would expect from Hufft. Lots of concrete and black. It is very open and pretty loud.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

new public art for the parking garage unveiled this evening. it's a metallic wing that moves with the wind (or its own power). here's a sneak peek before the unveiling (it doesn't photograph well without the shroud, so just go see it!):

roasterie opens may 12.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

preview of the new roasterie cafe last night:

earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

That's one massive bland bare wall, and white?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

the windows -- an entire wall's worth on the south and west -- dominate the room. the west also leads to a very large covered outdoor space.
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

the bland bare wall is no more:
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

Nice shot!
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

Thanks all for the pics! This is surely one of the most impressive projects downtown; even the exterior lighting is top notch. Very happy to see successful office/retail use as opposed to residential here. Looking forward to the new construction addition getting off the ground and adding a nice urban form to 19th/Main, but not holding my breath.
grecobs
Strip mall
Strip mall

WeWork Corrigan Station

Post by grecobs »

Recently came across an article that memtions WeWork, arguably the Uber of co-working spaces, is renting a few floors in the Corrigan Building.

I called today to get an update and they are set to open 8/1 and are already showing the building.

Great to see more creative folks moving into the Crossroads. This basically fills up the Corrigan Building to 100% leased too.

Now they just need ground floor retail!

http://www.kansascity.com/news/business ... 19798.html
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: WeWork Corrigan Station

Post by KCPowercat »

More discussion on them and the building here

http://kcrag.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=19141
WSPanic
Supporter

Re: WeWork Corrigan Station

Post by WSPanic »

I've been interviewing with someone who is taking a small space with WeWorks in August. We took a hard hat tour of the 3rd and 4th floors a few weeks ago. It's a cool concept. The space looks like it will be pretty cool - and it is filling up.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

got a tour of the wework space yesterday. very cool! didn't realize they were growing so fast and in so many cities.
grecobs
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by grecobs »

Does anyone know what the deal is with the building (currently a surface lot) next to the Corrigan Building? The renderings make it appear that they will be replacing the lot with another building.

Can anyone confirm?