1034 Main

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

1034 Main

Post by im2kull »

Has anyone heard anything about this proposed building addition lately.  I know it was to add about 15-20 floors to the existing 1034 main building, haven't heard anything else though.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Re: 1034 Main

Post by GRID »

There is no existing 1034 Main.  This is a new tower proposed to go on top of the relatively new garage just north of the transit center on Main.  It is proposed to be 30-40 floors, but who knows when or if it will ever happen.  It will take a company pre-leasing the space to make it happen.
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

And until we once again experience a shortage of downtown class A office space, it all remains a pipedream. Half of our existing office towers lie idle in vacancy as it is.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Tosspot wrote: And until we once again experience a shortage of downtown class A office space, it all remains a pipedream. Half of our existing office towers lie idle in vacancy as it is.
Unless a company wants a new building which does happen.  ie, H&R Block.
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

Well I know you've all heard this before...

But Copaken White and Blitt said they won't be dumping this project until they find a tenant. But they don't see it hapening for a while.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

GRID wrote: There is no existing 1034 Main.  This is a new tower proposed to go on top of the relatively new garage just north of the transit center on Main.  It is proposed to be 30-40 floors, but who knows when or if it will ever happen.  It will take a company pre-leasing the space to make it happen.
Thanks,

I wasn't sure if there was already an existing building, I thought I remembered seeing it going on top of the red parking garage there.  They should consider making the tower mixed use.  They would probably find it much easier to find tenats if it had lofts or condo's, but then again, who wants a loud office below.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

We are probably five years away from seeing any significant speculative office construction downtown.  In the mean time, there don't seem to be any companies likely relocate an office big enough to justify a 30+ story building.  H&R Block wouldn't have been big enough for this building, it's headquarters are fairly small.
Long
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Long »

im2kull wrote: Thanks,

I wasn't sure if there was already an existing building, I thought I remembered seeing it going on top of the red parking garage there.  They should consider making the tower mixed use.  They would probably find it much easier to find tenats if it had lofts or condo's, but then again, who wants a loud office below.
I'd rather have an office as a neighbor instead of a residence-- most offices are empty at night.
Sonfire
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Sonfire »

Why can't several smaller companies just share the building?  Lots of office towers do that.
"Your stupid."
"My stupid what?"

"Y-o-u-r... y-o-u-apostrophe-r-e... they're as different as night and day.  Don't you think that night and day are different?  What's wrong with you?"
-Strong Bad
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Since Copaken White & Blitt has announced another new project at 13th and Grand, what about 1034 Main, it's larger and still the top project on thier web site.

I hope they get a few of these projects going in the next couple of years.

[img]http://www.cwbkc.com/Portfolio/Portfoli ... 4EE53}.jpg[/img]
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

KCDevin wrote: Well I know you've all heard this before...

But Copaken White and Blitt said they won't be dumping this project until they find a tenant. But they don't see it hapening for a while.
Why would dump the project when they find a tenant? Isn't that kind of sort of what they want?
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

Every day I walk by this abomination of design that spans the entire block from Main to Baltimore and wonder why, if we must have parking, the garage is only two levels high.  It is a small consolation to know there is at least a plan for something more. 

Does anyone have any recent pictures of what was there before the garage?
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

It does provide a lovely view of the buildings it doesn't obstruct.
Pastense
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Pastense »

This garage was built to allow CWB to attract TransAmerica Insurance from LA to KC and the Town Pavilion. It was partially subsidized through a rebate of employment tax from the city to CWB /TransAmerica.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

Pastense wrote: It was partially subsidized through a rebate of employment tax from the city to CWB /TransAmerica.
That is what makes it's horrible design all the more disgusting
Pastense
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Pastense »

No pictures, but it was the former Macy's department store site.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

yeah, macys, then dillards. used to be real nice at christmas.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
voltopt
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by voltopt »

the view of macy's from 11th and baltimore ( it basically took up the entire site the garage is on...)

and this view north on main from 11th (the macy's building is on the left,)

and a better shot of macy's

"I never quarrel, sir; but I do fight, sir; and when I fight, sir, a funeral follows, sir."   -senator thomas hart benton
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

1034 Main

Post by flyingember »

http://www.copaken-brooks.com/src/prope ... x?pid=1084

this plan is interesting. I don't like it

the tiny rendering seems to show the transit center being removed as part of the plan
http://www.copaken-brooks.com/src/Publi ... 6A3&tid=89
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

flyingember wrote:http://www.copaken-brooks.com/src/prope ... x?pid=1084

this plan is interesting. I don't like it

the tiny rendering seems to show the transit center being removed as part of the plan
http://www.copaken-brooks.com/src/Publi ... 6A3&tid=89
i don't think this shows the transit center going away, just the massive mid-block garage adjacent to it. copaken owns the garage parcel, so that would make sense.