River Market West

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: River Market West

Post by bobbyhawks »

loftguy wrote:
mgh7676 wrote:Not sure if it means anything, but the lot that RMW will be located has been mowed for the first time this Summer.

It means the city issued a citation.
There must have been a lot of citation issuing going on around downtown. I noticed a few other places that were mowed for the first time today.
Eon Blue
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Eon Blue »

There's always the chance that that they mowed it so surveyors could set stakes. Probably a citation, though.
KCtoBrooklyn
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCtoBrooklyn »

City Council approved $2M loan - "dirt could be moving in the next two to three weeks."

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/n ... y-rmw.html
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

KCtoBrooklyn wrote:City Council approved $2M loan - "dirt could be moving in the next two to three weeks."

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/n ... y-rmw.html

From the other unrelated portion of that article...

"The A.B. May agreement will help the company move 165 employees to an 82,000-square-foot space at 100 E. 50th St. in Kansas City's east side."

That address isn't east side, it's a South Plaza parking lot. So I wonder where that's really going? 1000 E. 50th is the Stowers Institute. 10000 E. 50th is a a golf course. :)
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

ordinance says 7100 E 50th

Eastwood Tfwy and 435
mgh7676
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by mgh7676 »

They have already been doing some utility work directly south of the River Market West location. Not sure if it is related, or prep work...but the lot is currently playing parking lot for multiple construction type vehicles.
longviewmo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by longviewmo »

flyingember wrote:ordinance says 7100 E 50th

Eastwood Tfwy and 435
^ The article has been updated with that info.
KCTonicClassic
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by KCTonicClassic »

mgh7676 wrote:They have already been doing some utility work directly south of the River Market West location. Not sure if it is related, or prep work...but the lot is currently playing parking lot for multiple construction type vehicles.
They were fixing the massive sink hole that was developing in that spot. It was not related to the construction or, sadly, fiber installation.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

mgh7676 wrote:but the lot is currently playing parking lot for multiple construction type vehicles.

It's also become de facto overflow parking for City Market traffic on the weekends. In the 10 years I've lived in the River Market, this season has so far been the busiest I've seen yet.
zonk
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by zonk »

A very large excavator on site today.....Fencing tomorrow? "Let the digging begin!"
zonk
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by zonk »

Demo beginning today on west end next to taxi shop.
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

Not to be confused with my shop, which is at the other end of 5th St.
P.S. - We are running a special on roadkill this week, 20% off.
mgh7676
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by mgh7676 »

Yep, a fence is around the property and the excavator has been joined by a skidloader and a johnny-on-the-job. Excited to watch this project progress.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

S

Post by earthling »

Any renderings? I hope this gives W RM enough critical mass to boost Delaware into a more pedestrian active strip. Would like to see it become something like w39th or Martini Corner, with neighborhood foot traffic. I would've thought Market Station would be the tipping point, so close but not quite there yet.

Some of the buildings along that stretch need to reconfig lobbies for something like streetfront mini retail space, or somehow make it more conducive to serving the neighborhood.
KCtonic
New York Life
New York Life

Post by KCtonic »

This is the only rendering I've found. Was on kansascity.com attached to one of the articles related to River Market West at one time but no longer there.

DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

it should be noted that the $2 million loan exists solely to encourage residential development within the streetcar TDD. the only other project to receive that specific benefit ($8 million) is the cordish tower. $10 million was all that was available this year.
zonk
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by zonk »

A long line of dump trucks at the site today.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Construction begins on $16M River Market apartment project
George Birt, a principal at Consolidated Development Partners LLC who is working on the project through RMW Apartments LLC, said construction activity began about six weeks ago after he wrapped up details surrounding the project, including $2 million in development assistance from Kansas City, and the project is slated for occupancy in September 2014....

Interest in the project is already high, and Birt said he believes it will be successful, particularly because of its placement on the Kansas City streetcar line.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

Any news on this project? Four months later and it's still not out of the ground. Only some foundation walls are on site, I don't think a first floor slab has been poured yet. Is this stalled?