OFFICIAL - Lightwell (formerly City Center Square)

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
Midtownkid
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Re: City Center Square for sale

Post by Midtownkid »

KCPowercat wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:51 am Food hall is a solid idea for the location but sure wish they would have found a way to face the street more. Getting rid of the street level gym and putting that downstairs for example.
The food hall replacing the food court is so genius! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Re: OFFICIAL - Lightwell (formerly City Center Square)

Post by Critical_Mass »

KCPowercat wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:51 am Food hall is a solid idea for the location but sure wish they would have found a way to face the street more. Getting rid of the street level gym and putting that downstairs for example.
I would expect a more open space that addresses the street better than now. My memory is hazy but I think it was described as such
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Today:

bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

I miss T-Bob's.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

FangKC wrote: Tue May 15, 2012 8:37 am Isn't this cheaper than paying for a parking space?
It depends on the garage. My mother could either get a free parking spot or they would pay the same amount towards a bus pass. They never paid for the entire bus pass.

Event, hotel and tourist parking brings in far more money from parking which is why we want to see more conventions, more hotels.

Take the parking garage just north of P&L (the one attached to 1201 Walnut). Imagine if there was so much parking demand from visitors to events in P&L and Sprint Center that these spots doubled in value during the day. There would be a push to raise rates for these spots. Some employers would pay, some would pay less and pass on part of the costs. Some people will switch to a bus or carpooling in response.

There's tons of changes that move us more towards an all of the above approach. The move towards denser office layouts combined with more full buildings means more demand for the same number of spots. Converting parking lots once used by an office building into a building. Changing on street spots to 1-2 hour spots. The removal of parking minimums. Not giving incentives for two spots per rental unit. Shared parking based on time of day. The mandate for bike racks with all new projects. Road diets. Improved transit. Bike lanes.
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

wahoowa wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:44 pm some completely random comment on reddit the other day said the people behind parlor would be picking and managing the new tenants for city center square. not sure what this does for target rumors, or whether it's worth any more than i paid for it.
Not the people behind Parlor, from what I hear.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Perhaps the game of telephone translated "a food hall thing, you know, like Parlor" to "Parlor will be selecting and cultivating our new food hall".
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I heard it was turning into a billiard parlor?
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

Dillards
snigglefritz
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by snigglefritz »

Damian Lillard-branded food parlor
ToDactivist
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by ToDactivist »

mini target
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

ToDactivist wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:17 pm mini target
??
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

KCDowntown
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCDowntown »

Found an RFP for demo work for the new 'Lightwell' incarnation of this building on the PortKC website. Document is here.

EDIT: The RFP can't be accessed directly, so the earlier link did not work. Here's a link to the PortKC page where it can be found.

Not a whole lot of new information in it, but figured someone might find it interesting. I think the documents reflect the current conditions of the building, and not their plans for the building.

KCDowntown
Last edited by KCDowntown on Tue May 07, 2019 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

It links to a login page.....is that supposed to happen?
Last edited by TheLastGentleman on Tue May 07, 2019 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
KCDowntown
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KCDowntown »

TheLastGentleman wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:57 pm It links to a JE Dunn login page.....is that supposed to happen?
Sorry about that, the same thing happened to me... guess it has to be accessed from the Port KC website. Thanks for pointing it out. Here's a linkto the RFP page on the PortKC site where this document can be found.

I'll go back and edit the earlier post...

KCDowntown
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Looks like it's down to 3 food vendors. Wrap it up isn't confident they are moving to Baltimore now. They have until September on their lease.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Jason's Deli and the weird little taco place whose name I can't remember... what else is there? Are you counting Domino's?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Sorry. I meant the ones in the food court. Wrap it up (weird delish taco place) yummys gyro and burger and a Chinese place I think are the 3 open

Add in Domino's and Jason's and Starbucks but they all have outside entrances and I don't believe are being removed.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Ahh, gotcha, just the food court. I didn't realize the gyro place was still there, and didn't even know there was a Chinese place! Shows how much attention I pay.