Town Pavilion food court

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
homer37
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Town Pavilion food court

Post by homer37 »

Does anyone know what the food court offerings currently are at Town Pavilion? Thanks.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: Town Pavilion food court

Post by KCPowercat »

They wiped out their food court....that said ingredient, planet sub, scooters, and a Mexican restaurant are located around the base
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Apropos of nothing, I figured I'd revive this ancient dead thread for no good reason, just to announce that the funky little Chinese noodle place between Johnny C's and Mama Tio's is really good.

Thank you.
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

What did you have? I ordered something that ended up being basically brown gravy on rice. I haven't been back since.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

It was good enough I went back the next day and got something different. I've had the Longan beef and beef lo mein so far. They were both really good, although they were also both so similar I could hardly tell the difference, except that the Longan beef was not all mixed together and the broccoli had a red sauce and what appeared to be either bits of soft tofu or scrambled eggs.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

I just noticed that place a couple of days ago as I was heading to an appointment across the street. It sounded good and I was starving and wanted to go in, but unfortunately I was there for a dentist appointment and couldn't eat for 2 hours afterward. I was always fond of the couple that ran it when it was KFC/PZH Express (the Patels), so I'm curious if it's still them or if they are long gone.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

No idea what their names are, but the two folks who have been working both times I stopped in appear to be Chinese. The dude definitely takes your order in hanzi or something close enough I can't tell the difference.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

mean wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:05 am No idea what their names are, but the two folks who have been working both times I stopped in appear to be Chinese. The dude definitely takes your order in hanzi or something close enough I can't tell the difference.
Ok, it's not them. The previous couple was definitely south-central-Asian.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

I wish they'd remodel the food court atrium. Didn't it used to be more colorful?
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

It used to be mostly on the second level.