Here's your point of entry

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
Czar
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Czar »

Barnes said today:
Barnes said she didn't want developers to be shopping among agencies for the most advantageous benefits.

"I want us to develop a single point of entry so they (developers) have a sense from the beginning of how our system works," she said.

Barnes said two years ago:Some assume that you, under any circumstance, have to have a single person in charge," said Barnes, who bases her views on 30 years of organizational design work. "I know better."

Barnes said her intent is to give businesses interested in coming to Kansas City "multiple entry points" so they can feel equally comfortable approaching EDC officials or members of the city government.

"That's the natural way economic development occurs," she said. "Our strength is that we are responsive at all those entry points. We're communicating."

Can't type anymore getting light headed and dizzy!
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Recall! Recall! Recall!

Hehehe.

Seriously, though. Think about it. It'd be a lot easier than most people probably think.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

There's nobody to put in her place...who wants the job? Glazer?
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Egads, not Glazer. I'll do it, or you can. Or KC, or Grid, or bahua. Any of us would be better than Barnes.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
zonk
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by zonk »

Just wondering what would have happened if Blackwood would have won the election...Bunnell still at EDC? Generally more agressisve development??? Who knows? ONe thing guaranteed...we'd have more quality drinking establishments! Nothing like a few belts of the sauce to start a early morning board meeting!!! :lol: