Downtown Buildings with Activity

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
scooterj
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Re: Downtown Buildings with Activity

Post by scooterj » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:19 am

Strange, I can't find any info searching via name or address. And Kiva doesn't show any open permits except for one for basement electrical work.

(Also strange because I drive by this building almost every day and hadn't noticed it was being worked on.)

loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:52 am

It has been looking like yet another edition of 'Hillbilly Renovations'...

DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by DaveKCMO » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:38 pm

When I click through the "permits" link for that on parcel viewer, there's nothing recent. This leads me to believe this renovation is NOT permitted by the city. I'd report it to 311. There's usually a reason people avoid getting permits...

flyingember
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by flyingember » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:09 am

DaveKCMO wrote:When I click through the "permits" link for that on parcel viewer, there's nothing recent. This leads me to believe this renovation is NOT permitted by the city. I'd report it to 311. There's usually a reason people avoid getting permits...
And reported.

Permits are all associated with the address of the property so it would be obvious if they existed.

swid
New York Life
New York Life

Post by swid » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:04 pm

I was primed to make another joke about the neverending Pickleman's project (as the posters covering the windows appear to have fallen down yet again recently), but I'll be damned - they were issued a new permit today.

swid
New York Life
New York Life

Post by swid » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:13 pm

swid wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:25 am
They've had signs up on the railing for the past week or so that say "Under New Management / Extensively Remodeled", so I don't know if that's a step in getting consent, they got their liquor license back while appealing, or something else.
In the past 2-3 weeks (if not longer than that) Stanford's appears to have shut down again. Even if it was actually separated from Craig Glazer's management, I can't imagine it popping up again there (or anywhere else in the metro) with his death.

Any wagers as to what the next attempt at putting lipstick on that pig of a location will be?

KCPowercat
Power & Light
Power & Light

Post by KCPowercat » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:54 am

Stables did good business there for years....a sports bar would be nice there.