Downtown Buildings with Activity

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
smh
Supporter

Re: Downtown Buildings with Activity

Post by smh »

Great, a nightclub. I don't want to be too negative about this, but I'm not thrilled with this development.

Also: "water from New York" :roll:
ThorsteinVeblen
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by ThorsteinVeblen »

Ran by the Tiger Tail Saloon yesterday evening. Didn't realize what the place was until I read the KC article. As I was running by two girls were walking the opposite way past the door and a patron yelled out the door "rape me, raaaappppeee meeeee". The two girls gave each other a quisical look then increased their pace briskly. So, they got that going for them...
heatherkay
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by heatherkay »

I was walking past that old white tiled building next to Anthony's on Grand (seem to recall something about it being an old White Castle). They have opened up the window and a guy in a Baldwin denim cap was in there working. I was on the other side of the street, so I couldn't ask him what he was up to. Anybody know what's going on there?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

heatherkay wrote:I was walking past that old white tiled building next to Anthony's on Grand (seem to recall something about it being an old White Castle). They have opened up the window and a guy in a Baldwin denim cap was in there working. I was on the other side of the street, so I couldn't ask him what he was up to. Anybody know what's going on there?
county says it's owned by anthony's. no permits filed in kiva.
heatherkay
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by heatherkay »

Yeah -- I checked KIVA for permits. Maybe they're just doing some repairs and not materially altering the structure?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

heatherkay wrote:Yeah -- I checked KIVA for permits. Maybe they're just doing some repairs and not materially altering the structure?
it would make a great take-out counter for anthony's!
heatherkay
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by heatherkay »

Well, it looked to be a beardy hipster in there working, so make of that what you will.
Pork Chop
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Pork Chop »

heatherkay wrote:Well, it looked to be a beardy hipster in there working, so make of that what you will.

A medical marijuana dispensary?
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

heatherkay wrote:I was walking past that old white tiled building next to Anthony's on Grand (seem to recall something about it being an old White Castle). They have opened up the window and a guy in a Baldwin denim cap was in there working. I was on the other side of the street, so I couldn't ask him what he was up to. Anybody know what's going on there?
Just out of curiousity, what makes a Baldwin denim cap unique enought to tell what it is from across the street? Serious question.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

kcjak wrote:
Just out of curiousity, what makes a Baldwin denim cap unique enought to tell what it is from across the street? Serious question.
Bro, do you even?

heatherkay
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by heatherkay »

What he said, except the hat in question was red and white.
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

No, I don't even...I'm out of that demographic now :cry:
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

kcjak wrote:No, I don't even...I'm out of that demographic now :cry:
8)
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

kcjak wrote:No, I don't even...I'm out of that demographic now :cry:

Ok, let's narrow your bracket shift down.

1-Are you awaiting the opening of a 'real' noodle shop?

2-Have you started feeling anxiety, or perhaps a tinge of hatred, when the streetcar is mentioned?
kucer
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by kucer »

Barbershop
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Speaking of Baldwin hats, is this guy where one in the Downtown LA video clip (Its number 5 on the list)
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014 ... to-go.html
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

EPR is expanding into the first floor space at 909 walnut. was previously the sales office.
geeman68
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by geeman68 »

kucer wrote:
Barbershop
Signage is up while they are still renovating the space. It's called Buffalo Mane.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

According to Joyce, town pavillion will be getting a BBQ joint.
▪ Plowboys Barbeque plans to open to the public at 11 a.m. Thursday in the Town Pavilion at 1111 Main St., Suite 115, at the corner of Petticoat Lane and Main Street.

Plowboys Barbeque, a Blue Springs smokehouse that opened in 2013, is known for its award-winning pulled pork. Other menu will include barbecue nachos, burnt ends, barbecue salad, barbecue potatoes, and sandwiches with a choice of pulled pork, sliced brisket, smoked sausage, pit ham or sliced turkey.
http://www.kansascity.com/news/business ... 57765.html
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

So this sounds like one of the outside facing spaces, not the food court. Will they be open evenings?