What lies beneath...

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
scooterj
Ambassador

What lies beneath...

Post by scooterj »

KCDevin wrote:He did give me a photo. Although I do not know if he would appreciate me posting it on the internet...
If it's from the tax assesor then it would be part of the tax records which are public information.
zonk
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

What lies beneath...

Post by zonk »

Post it...lets see!
KCDevin

What lies beneath...

Post by KCDevin »

tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

What lies beneath...

Post by tat2kc »

What ever possessed folks to cover up beautiful buildings like this?
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Stupidity Rules

Post by FangKC »

Stupid people that's who. It was nothing short of an act of vandalism. Those responsible should be identified and publicly humiliated. People should be hired to follow them around and mock them all day. They should be forced to wear 70s leisure suits and white patent leather shoes, and those propeller caps.
There is no fifth destination.
KCDowntown
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

What lies beneath...

Post by KCDowntown »

I certainly agree with everyone that the renovation of this building didn't help anything. However, I recall hearing that bits and pieces of the ornamental stuff were falling onto the sidewalk below as the building deteriorated. I've seen pictures of the building's decoritive elements essentially wrapped in chicken wire.

Not to say that whoever redid the building did a good job, just to say that they had their reasons.

KCDowntown
KCDevin

What lies beneath...

Post by KCDevin »

but who cares? we have better technology and more money today.
Midtownkid
Hotel President
Hotel President

What lies beneath...

Post by Midtownkid »

Life is also much more complicated and bland and car-oreinted. The fact that they didn't keep it up well enough sucks.

BTW...the ppl who did that did wear "70s leisure suits and white patent leather shoes" the renovation was in the 70s. also, I wear leaser suits all the time...they are cool.

The crap they stuck over the building acts as siding...we took the siding off our old house and it looks a lot better...this building is the same way...I can see a bit of the building has had peeled off..the building underneath is still terra cotta...just w/o the ornamentation.

Peel the rest off Barns...if your employees are reading this tell her that...
paisstat
New York Life
New York Life

What lies beneath...

Post by paisstat »

A travesty to architecture. Imagine if there was a proposal to do that to the Woolworth Bldg in NY, people would be in the streets. The New-Gotic look was beautiful and I agree we need to restore it. Maybe they were trying to make it look more Art-Deco??? Nonetheless, i prefer neo-gothic and want it back with all the frill and wedding cake add ons.
paisstat
New York Life
New York Life

What lies beneath...

Post by paisstat »

A travesty to architecture. Imagine if there was a proposal to do that to the Woolworth Bldg in NY, people would be in the streets. The New-Gotic look was beautiful and I agree we need to restore it. Maybe they were trying to make it look more Art-Deco??? Nonetheless, i prefer neo-gothic and want it back with all the frill and wedding cake add ons.
paisstat
New York Life
New York Life

What lies beneath...

Post by paisstat »

KCDevin

What lies beneath...

Post by KCDevin »

it was art-deco/gothic/terra cotta to begin with. they wanted to make it look more like newer buildings in the 50s, 60s and 70s
SonicBoi
New York Life
New York Life

What lies beneath...

Post by SonicBoi »

Is there an echo in here? :wink:
SonicBoi
1 Samuel 18:3-4: And Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself. Jonathan took off the robe he was wearing and gave it to David, along with his tunic, and even his sword, his bow and his belt.