OFFICIAL - Embassy Suites (former Federal Reserve)

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: Old Federal Reserve (925 Grand)

Post by WoodDraw »

Why aren't they in housing court by now, or whatever they call it? Two fucking years of this. No excuse
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Tell Jolie and shields....they need to know the poor city services we receive from inspectors and the process.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

What's the acceptable time to repeatedly report the same problem? Once a month?
geeman68
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by geeman68 »

Is ANYTHING happening on this?
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

No, it's still infested with rats and pigeons. City has done nothing.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

The city did another property maintenance inspection at the beginning of March and sent a notice, probably of a violation. Repeating the same effort all over again.

There's an animal feces report from March 23, the 6th one (so every 4 months on average)

It's a VERY slow process. But since it's been almost two years this is one to escalate higher since it shouldn't take two years to get real action. And being an out of state owner, I have a lot less reason to think they've had someone on site taking care of this and getting nowhere

Call 816-513-6517 and 816-513-6515
take 2 minutes to leave a message
Reference case 2016071092
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Escalate to what? I've tried everything. On a good day it's just covered with pigeon crap and UMB workers getting scared of rats at night. The planters have also become ash tray and recycling bins.

On a bad day, it's dead, rotting pigeons. I've sent pictures, some of which you can find in this thread, and they still close out all my reports.

The city has to be aware because I've filed multiple reports, sent emails, and someone has to be cleaning this up. It's been two fucking years.

I'll send another email and report back with what they say.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

I also FOIAed all correspondence regarding that case and one of mine. At least we can see if they're even in contact with these people.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

What about the bee people / yellow jackets (CID) who are supposed to handle problems downtown? Can't they be responsible to keeping this situation in check?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I don't want them spending all their time on this block....
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

And what are they supposed to do? Yell at the pigeons? Spend all day sweeping up feathers?

All I want is the developer to follow city codes and if they don't, be taken to court.
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

Call 311 and file a complaint and ask others to do the same. We use it all the time in Volker (and I know others do too) - it sometimes takes a couple of calls but the issues always result in action. Maybe issuing a ticket to the owners won't have as much traction for that building as it does for single family residences, but it's worth a shot.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

kcjak wrote:Call 311 and file a complaint and ask others to do the same. We use it all the time in Volker (and I know others do too) - it sometimes takes a couple of calls but the issues always result in action. Maybe issuing a ticket to the owners won't have as much traction for that building as it does for single family residences, but it's worth a shot.
This has already been done over and over again. There needs to be a public campaign to shame the developer or annoy them enough til they sell to someone else.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

From KCMO:
There have been several different property owners during the course of case. Current property owners have been fined in Housing Court. Another citation was sent after an inspection on March 23. If sidewalks are not cleaned, another hearing will be scheduled for Housing Court.
At the time of the December hearing, the owner was Quad Holdings in Highlands Ranch, CO. When a new citation was sent to them in January, it was returned. Research showed the current owner is Federal Reserve Banks so new notices of violation were sent to them.
That second one seems wrong? Wtf is even going on here?
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

WoodDraw wrote:Does the city not hold anyone responsible for anything? Like could I buy a building, do complete fuck all for 5 years, let rats, pigeons, and homeless drifters take up space, and ??????
Try forgetting to pay your e-tax.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

WoodDraw wrote:From KCMO:
There have been several different property owners during the course of case. Current property owners have been fined in Housing Court. Another citation was sent after an inspection on March 23. If sidewalks are not cleaned, another hearing will be scheduled for Housing Court.
At the time of the December hearing, the owner was Quad Holdings in Highlands Ranch, CO. When a new citation was sent to them in January, it was returned. Research showed the current owner is Federal Reserve Banks so new notices of violation were sent to them.
That second one seems wrong? Wtf is even going on here?
That does seem very wrong. But I have heard that the current Federal Reserve Tower is more than ful.....
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

I'll report back anything I find. Just checking around it when i get time :) if anyone wants to take over, please!
cityscape
New York Life
New York Life

Post by cityscape »

Just read an article on KCBJ that was locked. It stated that the developer is set to begin work in 2 weeks (Asbestos clean up) and is targeting 20 months for the hotel and data center to be finished. The 2 year delay had to do with the lender who didn't want to do a single loan for both the hotel and data center so they had to work on splitting the two and reworking how the project was going to be managed. Also, the original boutique hotel is now just set to be part of the Embassy Suites so they don't have confusion with two brands.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Excellent news.
JBmidtown
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by JBmidtown »

Finally.