Remodeling Town Pavillion

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: Remodeling Town Pavillion

Post by flyingember »

DaveKCMO wrote:KFC/Pizza Hut closing "permanently" on April 1.
I didn't know there was one.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Does CBD/Loop have a local pizza counter? If not could use one. Or even a higher end pizza house like Pizza Bella or Il Lazzarone could work, though given these are on streetcar line a pizza counter would suffice. But otherwise would like to see some counter ethnic eats in that spot like vietnamese, thai or real street taco joint.

Downtown also needs several fresh greens wrap counters. One in each district eventually but at least start with one along streetcar line. Does Consentino's maybe make wraps like these?
ImageImage
Last edited by earthling on Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

earthling wrote:Does CBD/Loop have a local pizza counter? If not could use one. Or even a higher end pizza house like Pizza Bella or Il Lazzarone could work, though given these are on streetcar line a pizza counter would suffice. But otherwise would like to see some counter ethnic eats in that spot like vietnamese, thai or real street taco joint.

Downtown also badly needs several fresh greens wrap counters. One in each district eventually but at least start with one along streetcar line. Does Consentino's maybe make wraps like these?
Yes, cosentino's makes these. Also, The Mixx does wraps.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Forgot about The Mixx. So covered there. Come to think of it maybe Market3 in RM as well.
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by rxlexi »

Mixx is only open for lunch however. Has always been very disappointing.
geeman68
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by geeman68 »

Protein House also does wraps
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

flyingember wrote:
DaveKCMO wrote:KFC/Pizza Hut closing "permanently" on April 1.
I didn't know there was one.
They're hidden under the shadow of the massive skywalk ... easy to miss ;-)
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Domino's was going to do slices... Can also get slices at art of pizza, pizza bar, Minsky's lunch, Cosentinos.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

KCPowercat wrote:Domino's was going to do slices... Can also get slices at art of pizza, pizza bar, Minsky's lunch, Cosentinos.
Milwaukee Deli.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

It's mildly irritating that the new Domino's won't deliver to northeast. I was glad the newish Papa Johns that opened in xroads a while ago does. Is 19th and McGee really that much closer than 11th and Main? I mean, given they're chains I assume they just have some radius algorithm that decides where they deliver rather than the corporation or individual franchisee arbitrarily deciding. So I guess it probably can't be helped. But Minsky's in RM's delivery policy should be shamed for hard-stopping at Troost, which is less than a mile from them, but extending for miles in every other direction (all the way to freaking Briarcliff!)

I'm not saying Minsky's is racist, but the overtones of refusing to deliver east of Troost are kind of hard to ignore. It's a bad look at best.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

Pretty sure zip codes figure into it. Ought to be a law.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Wow how did I forget Milwaukee deli?!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Chikn Pie signs up on old KFC/Pizza hut space....Advertising chicken and pizza....Doesn't appear to be a chain.
dnweava
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dnweava »

mean wrote:It's mildly irritating that the new Domino's won't deliver to northeast. I was glad the newish Papa Johns that opened in xroads a while ago does. Is 19th and McGee really that much closer than 11th and Main? I mean, given they're chains I assume they just have some radius algorithm that decides where they deliver rather than the corporation or individual franchisee arbitrarily deciding. So I guess it probably can't be helped. But Minsky's in RM's delivery policy should be shamed for hard-stopping at Troost, which is less than a mile from them, but extending for miles in every other direction (all the way to freaking Briarcliff!)

I'm not saying Minsky's is racist, but the overtones of refusing to deliver east of Troost are kind of hard to ignore. It's a bad look at best.
That Domino's does bicycle delivery to serve downtown. It's not the same as the xroads papa johns that does car delivery and has a place for the drivers to park.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

dnweava wrote:
mean wrote:It's mildly irritating that the new Domino's won't deliver to northeast. I was glad the newish Papa Johns that opened in xroads a while ago does. Is 19th and McGee really that much closer than 11th and Main? I mean, given they're chains I assume they just have some radius algorithm that decides where they deliver rather than the corporation or individual franchisee arbitrarily deciding. So I guess it probably can't be helped. But Minsky's in RM's delivery policy should be shamed for hard-stopping at Troost, which is less than a mile from them, but extending for miles in every other direction (all the way to freaking Briarcliff!)

That Domino's does bicycle delivery to serve downtown. It's not the same as the xroads papa johns that does car delivery and has a place for the drivers to park.
Dominos downtown also has delivery drivers in cars. They park along 11th Street in the evening.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

dnweava wrote: That Domino's does bicycle delivery to serve downtown. It's not the same as the xroads papa johns that does car delivery and has a place for the drivers to park.
Speaking of Domino's bicycle delivery, one of their guys routinely rides around with headphones in and runs red lights. Just a few hours ago he cut me off on the sidewalk when I had a walk signal. Walking back home from CVS, and there's the same douchebag doing it again ahead of me.

It doesn't help us promote bike friendly planning when you have assholes like this.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

So chikNpie is a plowboys BBQ concept based on the applications pinned to the door of the new place. Guess that is a good sign that plowboys is doing well
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

very weird.
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by swid »

While no work appears to have begun inside yet, there's a banner up inside the old Plowboys space for Johnny C's Deli.