Misc Crossroads News

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
Chris Stritzel
Pad site
Pad site
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:27 pm
Location: St. Louis/Kansas City
Contact:

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by Chris Stritzel » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:32 pm

DaveKCMO wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:27 pm
More utility locating at 19th & Grand this weekend:

Image
Something has to be planned there. With the drilling a few weeks ago and now this, someone is planning something.

User avatar
KCPowercat
Power & Light
Power & Light
Posts: 28754
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:49 pm
Location: Quality Hill
Contact:

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by KCPowercat » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:43 pm

Definitely think something is being planned.

User avatar
DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 16776
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: Crossroads
Contact:

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by DaveKCMO » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:11 pm

The site is going on the market as a separate parcel. If you recall, it sold with the Assurant property earlier this year: https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... -sale.html

User avatar
DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 16776
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: Crossroads
Contact:

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by DaveKCMO » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:47 pm

Thou Mayest is closing Dec. 24 and will reopen at a new location (address and date TBD): https://www.facebook.com/thoumayestcoff ... 9860687117

Darlene
Pad site
Pad site
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by Darlene » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:34 pm

There is less and less parking all the time. I predict just a few years there wont be no place to park You try walking in heels.

User avatar
beautyfromashes
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Posts: 4356
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:04 am

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by beautyfromashes » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:37 pm

Darlene wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:34 pm
There is less and less parking all the time. I predict just a few years there wont be no place to park.
Woo Hoo!!!

flyingember
One Park Place
One Park Place
Posts: 6960
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:54 am

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by flyingember » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:53 pm

Darlene wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:34 pm
There is less and less parking all the time. I predict just a few years there wont be no place to park You try walking in heels.
Actually, net parking is way up downtown in recent years.

New garages:
Two Light, Corrigan, Loews, Courtyard/Residence Inn, 5th and Grand, Missouri and Grand, Crossroads Westside, Arterra, Power and Light

Coming soon:
Three Light, RM West 2, Delaware Landing, KCATA at 3rd/Grand, 19th and Oak, 1800 Walnut

kcjak
Valencia Place
Valencia Place
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:02 pm

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by kcjak » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:38 pm

Darlene wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:34 pm
There is less and less parking all the time. I predict just a few years there wont be no place to park You try walking in heels.
Take a scooter.

User avatar
grovester
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Posts: 3767
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:30 pm
Location: KC Metro

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by grovester » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:11 pm

kcjak wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:38 pm
Darlene wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:34 pm
There is less and less parking all the time. I predict just a few years there wont be no place to park You try walking in heels.
Take a scooter.
You try scooting in heels!

Chris Stritzel
Pad site
Pad site
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:27 pm
Location: St. Louis/Kansas City
Contact:

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by Chris Stritzel » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:14 pm

Darlene wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:34 pm
There is less and less parking all the time. I predict just a few years there wont be no place to park You try walking in heels.
F.F.S. Darlene. You live in a city, there are those Lime Scooters, the streetcar and Bus, parking should become more scarce. Take one of the options or wear normal shoes and put high heels on at your destination. It's a simple fix, don't overthink it. Also,
flyingember wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:53 pm
Actually, net parking is way up downtown in recent years.

New garages:
Two Light, Corrigan, Loews, Courtyard/Residence Inn, 5th and Grand, Missouri and Grand, Crossroads Westside, Arterra, Power and Light

Coming soon:
Three Light, RM West 2, Delaware Landing, KCATA at 3rd/Grand, 19th and Oak, 1800 Walnut
So when you complain that you cant find a place to park, remember the names of these developments as I am sure public parking will be available. But then I know that you don't like Parking Garages from the River Market thread. I guess you won't be coming into the downtown area to do business until you can get over your fears of parking garages or have someone with you who doesn't matter chauffeuring you around. Sheesh. [-X

swid
New York Life
New York Life
Posts: 328
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:29 pm
Location: Financial District

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by swid » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:52 pm

“Darlene” is nothing more than a figment of someone’s imagination, for the record. Whoever thinks this trolling is cute will give up if people ignore the posts.

Darlene
Pad site
Pad site
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by Darlene » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:06 am

flyingember wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:53 pm
Darlene wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:34 pm
There is less and less parking all the time. I predict just a few years there wont be no place to park You try walking in heels.
Actually, net parking is way up downtown in recent years.

New garages:
Two Light, Corrigan, Loews, Courtyard/Residence Inn, 5th and Grand, Missouri and Grand, Crossroads Westside, Arterra, Power and Light

Coming soon:
Three Light, RM West 2, Delaware Landing, KCATA at 3rd/Grand, 19th and Oak, 1800 Walnut
I prefer parking lots I just do not feel safe in parking garages with the way things are today.

Darlene
Pad site
Pad site
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by Darlene » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:06 am

grovester wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:11 pm
kcjak wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:38 pm
Darlene wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:34 pm
There is less and less parking all the time. I predict just a few years there wont be no place to park You try walking in heels.
Take a scooter.
You try scooting in heels!
I could not have said it better myself!

Darlene
Pad site
Pad site
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by Darlene » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:07 am

swid wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:52 pm
“Darlene” is nothing more than a figment of someone’s imagination, for the record. Whoever thinks this trolling is cute will give up if people ignore the posts.
Excuse me?! I see your posts for exactly what they are. You are a bunch of men here who are sexist and in the old boys club or young bros club or whatever it is. It's time you got in the modern age and respected women.

User avatar
WSPanic
Hotel President
Hotel President
Posts: 3417
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:57 pm

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by WSPanic » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:15 am

I miss Annie Warbucks

User avatar
KCPowercat
Power & Light
Power & Light
Posts: 28754
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:49 pm
Location: Quality Hill
Contact:

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by KCPowercat » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:32 pm

A good troll is hard to find.

User avatar
smh
Hotel President
Hotel President
Posts: 3028
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:40 pm
Location: Central Loop

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by smh » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:34 pm

KCPowercat wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:32 pm
A good troll is hard to find.
Which is why we must support and encourage Darlene.

snigglefritz
Parking Garage
Parking Garage
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:17 am

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by snigglefritz » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:39 pm

smh wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:34 pm
KCPowercat wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:32 pm
A good troll is hard to find.
Which is why we must support and encourage Darlene.
TO DARLENE! =D>

Darlene
Pad site
Pad site
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by Darlene » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:38 pm

You boys need to learn how to treat women. But I am here to talk about the parking situation. If we ladies have to walk too far our feet hurt really bad.

User avatar
smh
Hotel President
Hotel President
Posts: 3028
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:40 pm
Location: Central Loop

Re: Misc Crossroads News

Post by smh » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:56 pm

Darlene wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:38 pm
You boys need to learn how to treat women. But I am here to talk about the parking situation. If we ladies have to walk too far our feet hurt really bad.
I never let a woman walk in my presence.

Post Reply