OFFICIAL - Commerce Tower

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
horizons82
New York Life
New York Life

Re: OFFICIAL - Commerce Tower

Post by horizons82 »

Part of the delay could be asbestos or other toxic element removal. Anybody know when that store last had a major overhaul?

May also be ADA related to BOH spaces, those have gotten a lot more stringent in the last 5 years or so.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

horizons82 wrote:Part of the delay could be asbestos or other toxic element removal. Anybody know when that store last had a major overhaul?

May also be ADA related to BOH spaces, those have gotten a lot more stringent in the last 5 years or so.
2006?

There was a fight between them and commerce awhile back about this.
wahoowa
Ambassador

Post by wahoowa »

Critical_Mass wrote:
mister816 wrote:Newly renovated high-rise apartment complex in downtown Kansas City under scrutiny

http://www.kctv5.com/story/37399965/new ... r-scrutiny
Wow, can't believe they ran with that story of one man's complaints against his landlord/building. This person was claiming it got to 40 degrees in his apartment over the winter??
KCTV5's crack team thoroughly investigated this claim before publishing slander: "Paige Bremner, Budd's neighbor, says she hasn't had any major concerns. "
bet this is pawn shop don budd, and i bet the damaged sporting goods include the trophies/rings he's taken from athletes.

is the 30th floor the "penthouse" floor of commerce (aka not penthouse at all, but higher ceilings)? i can't remember.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Is CVS purposely not restocking things to get ready for the renovation? It's really gotten bad.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I've been there twice this week and haven't noticed but it would make sense to reduce stock.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Comme ... 09!9m1!1b1

I was kind of surprised by the scathing reviews this place has received on Maps. Do any of you live here? What's your experience been like?
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Commerce Tower

Post by im2kull »

dnweava wrote:
geeman68 wrote:Wow. under $700 mo for a 1 bedroom AND parking!
Studios start at 700

1 bedrooms start at $1095/month

Also I just put down a deposit on a 28th floor unit!!
What do you think of your unit?
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

KCPowercat wrote:I've been there twice this week and haven't noticed but it would make sense to reduce stock.
Not complaining. :) It badly needs the renovation. I think they could be doing a better job of explaining the process to those of us that rely on it a lot.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Side note: Helping a friend relocate downtown. Called Commerce today inquiring about 1BR units. They had one "studio plus" for $1195 (25th floor, 500-some sqft). Their website indicates no "internet specials" at the moment.
dnweava
New York Life
New York Life

Re: Commerce Tower

Post by dnweava »

im2kull wrote:
dnweava wrote:
geeman68 wrote:Wow. under $700 mo for a 1 bedroom AND parking!
Studios start at 700

1 bedrooms start at $1095/month

Also I just put down a deposit on a 28th floor unit!!
What do you think of your unit?
I ended up getting my deposit back after I got to tour the unit when it was completed. With a pillar in the middle if the living room, the layout sucked with little space for furniture and the bigger units were out of my price range.
gfenn11
New York Life
New York Life

Post by gfenn11 »

They turned me off when I scheduled a tour a week in advance back in July. When I showed up they acted like I was inconveniencing them and didn't even try to get to know me at all like literally every other apartment complex does when doing tours. She only showed me one unit and it wasn't even the size/layout we had previously talked about touring. Then, to cap it off when I got back to the leasing office they immediately perked up and were swooning this couple that was waiting for a tour in the office. That's when I immediately crossed them off the list.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Downtown CVS Store Closed Temporarily for Remodeling
The CVS store at 921 Main, downtown’s only full-service pharmacy, has closed for a major remodeling project and expects to reopen about mid-June.

https://cityscenekc.com/downtown-cvs-st ... emodeling/
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Pics from today:

WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

I miss this CVS so much.

Also, my Uber driver lives here and said it's been a nightmare. I haven't heard many good things, but I do like what they've done street level. Mixed emotions I guess :/
KC_JAYHAWK
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KC_JAYHAWK »

All renovations are nightmares. I'm living through one now. Going on 2 weeks w/o a kitchen and probably have anther week to go.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

They've really torn up the sidewalk on Main Street. Very excited for this makeover.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Do we have an opening date yet?
Brodees
Ambassador

Post by Brodees »

WoodDraw wrote:Do we have an opening date yet?
June 17th, and it can't come soon enough. It amazes me that downtown hasn't yet proved to be a no-brainer for another pharmacy--or even a second CVS--to drop anchor.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Walgreens and CVS tend to plop down near each other if not opposite corners elsewhere. Is surprising that downtown hasn't attracted Walgreens yet.
KCLover
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by KCLover »

earthling wrote:Walgreens and CVS tend to plop down near each other if not opposite corners elsewhere. Is surprising that downtown hasn't attracted Walgreens yet.
One of the general rules of marketing is to always locate close to competitors. Walgreens and CVS is a golden example as much as Lowes and Home Depot or car dealerships.