OFFICIAL - East9 (former Pickwick Plaza)

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
kboish
Penntower
Penntower

Re: OFFICIAL - East9 (former Pickwick Plaza)

Postby kboish » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:35 am

I toured this place the other day. Very nice. They said they are 85% leased (started leasing majority of units in May) and that their micro-units have a year long wait list.

TheLastGentleman
Strip mall
Strip mall

Postby TheLastGentleman » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:17 am

kboish wrote:I toured this place the other day. Very nice. They said they are 85% leased (started leasing majority of units in May) and that their micro-units have a year long wait list.

Glad to hear that it's doing well! I've been concerned that its location further east would make it unpopular.

smh
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Postby smh » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:46 am

I keep running into new people at downtown events and it strikes me that a significant number of them report living in this building. Good stuff.

WoodDraw
Colonnade
Colonnade

Postby WoodDraw » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:04 am

The north corner spot here is going to be a coffee shop. I completely forgot to ask which one but can probably be found on permits or I'll ask. They're getting ready to take over the space and start construction.

The facial bar has relocated and should be opening up today after a final inspection. The makeup bar place looks close to opening next to the gym.

A tailor is going into one of the smaller spaces. City Gym is taking some office space too.

There's absolutely no work being done on cellar rat's and I question if it will ever happen, but they still have a big sign up. No progress on the main restaurant space either.

DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DaveKCMO » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:42 am

WoodDraw wrote:There's absolutely no work being done on cellar rat's and I question if it will ever happen, but they still have a big sign up. No progress on the main restaurant space either.

kevin tells me it's still happening...

WoodDraw
Colonnade
Colonnade

Postby WoodDraw » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:01 am

DaveKCMO wrote:
WoodDraw wrote:There's absolutely no work being done on cellar rat's and I question if it will ever happen, but they still have a big sign up. No progress on the main restaurant space either.

kevin tells me it's still happening...

That's great news and what I keep hearing as well. I just would love to see some activity, but I know these things are hard.

Return to “Downtown”