New "positions"

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
scooterj
Ambassador

New "positions"

Post by scooterj »

I love the new "position" tags... but I have a question.  I am listed as "Broadway Square", but I have never heard of Broadway Square.    What/where is it?
Paintfumes
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Re: New "positions"

Post by Paintfumes »

yup, its at 10th and Broadway.
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

DST
Slappy the Wang
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Slappy the Wang »

The collonade is fine and all, but is there any way I can live a little nostalgia and be the Magic Touch Massage Parlour?
Be green or go Broke Tryin'
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by KCK »

Can I just be KCK?
New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!
CrossroadsKid
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by CrossroadsKid »

I don't really care at all, but it seems strange that you would almost poke fun at those of us that don't incessantly post.  I read this thing everyday, yet I only post when I feel I can add something constructive to the discussion.  Some people with huge post counts merely add their meaningless two cents to immature banter.  I don't think this improves the site at all.  In fact, I feel it is largest flaw.  Those of us who use this to educate ourselves and stay informed about the ongoings in DT have to wade through pages and pages of ridiculous posts to find one tidbit of information. 
I understand the logic of having more prominent landmarks, etc., associated with those who have larger post counts, but what good does it do to give me, with a little over 100 posts to date, the title "strip mall," the antithesis of everything I want in this city?  Though many on here make fun of fraternities, this seems strangely "fratish."  Just a thought for you mods to take into consideration.
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

Post by KCN »

CrossroadsKid wrote:Those of us who use this to educate ourselves and stay informed about the ongoings in DT have to wade through pages and pages of ridiculous posts to find one tidbit of information. 
This is something the mods are fully aware of and are trying to address.  The nonsense on here has gotten out of hand over the past few months.

Though I think you might be taking the highrise labels a bit too seriously.  They are not meant to award or punish people at all....it's just a fun way of relating number of posts to something local.  It's a very common thing on forums (rookie, starter etc on sports forums for example).  Really there is nothing more meaningless than post count.
CrossroadsKid
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by CrossroadsKid »

KCN wrote: This is something the mods are fully aware of and are trying to address. The nonsense on here has gotten out of hand over the past few months.

Though I think you might be taking the highrise labels a bit too seriously. They are not meant to award or punish people at all....it's just a fun way of relating number of posts to something local. It's a very common thing on forums (rookie, starter etc on sports forums for example). Really there is nothing more meaningless than post count.
Like I said above, I don't really care.  I just noticed that below my name it said "Strip Mall" and I just sort of laughed b/c seemed almost too perfect in light of the bantering that goes on here.  I instantly thought of my fraternity in college where the older guys that got picked on as pledges were always those that gave the newer pledges the hardest time.  Seems so juvenile is all I meant.
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

CrossroadsKid wrote: I don't really care at all, but it seems strange that you would almost poke fun at those of us that don't incessantly post.  I read this thing everyday, yet I only post when I feel I can add something constructive to the discussion.  Some people with huge post counts merely add their meaningless two cents to immature banter.  I don't think this improves the site at all.  In fact, I feel it is largest flaw.  Those of us who use this to educate ourselves and stay informed about the ongoings in DT have to wade through pages and pages of ridiculous posts to find one tidbit of information. 
I understand the logic of having more prominent landmarks, etc., associated with those who have larger post counts, but what good does it do to give me, with a little over 100 posts to date, the title "strip mall," the antithesis of everything I want in this city?  Though many on here make fun of fraternities, this seems strangely "fratish."  Just a thought for you mods to take into consideration.
post some more shit on here and quit your bitchin, take out all the banter and agreements, your only left with a couple of constructive Post's  to read all day. then you might get something done at work I guess....... get off your high horse and join in a Lil bit, it's okay.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

i liked the last system, neighborhoods better, but, who cares.

when we changed this to buildings instead, i said everyone would bitch anyways. get over it. who cares, it is as pathetic as whining about karma points.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

whats the colonnade?  pic anyone?
Gladstoner
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Gladstoner »

schugg wrote: whats the colonnade?  pic anyone?
Colonnade is the barium cocktail you get before going under the scope.

No, I don't have any pics.  :)

Seriously..... here's one of a handful in kcskyscraper's own picture gallery:

http://www.kcskyscrapers.com/kcpics/Bui ... acolonnade
Last edited by Gladstoner on Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
A fool and your money are soon united.
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by schugg »

I dont mind being that building for the few hundred posts