Logo ideas

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
ignatius
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Logo ideas

Post by ignatius »

KCgridlock wrote:Better?

Me likey this one.
SonicBoi
New York Life
New York Life

Logo ideas

Post by SonicBoi »

I think the reason the i was put off so much by the crane is that it was too obvious (yellow) and looked out of place. Maybe if it blended in some more it would be ok. What do you think (aside from the awful editing job)?
SonicBoi
1 Samuel 18:3-4: And Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself. Jonathan took off the robe he was wearing and gave it to David, along with his tunic, and even his sword, his bow and his belt.
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

Logo ideas

Post by KCN »

Yeah that's better. I liked that one because the crane is really big. Makes it look like the whole city is being constructed on which is what this site is all about.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Logo ideas

Post by KCPowercat »

Yeah I think I like that too with the black big crane......

Teen could you change the color to #008080, that's the color of the border on the site.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
kcteen
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Logo ideas

Post by kcteen »

I really like the black crane. You're right, the yellow is way too obvious/cheesy. I like KCgridlock's just as much, too.

When I get to my computer with the design software I'll look into changing the color. I'll have it up by the late afternoon. Do you want the "raw" illustration file? For the ones I have uploaded thus far they are jpgs with "12" (highest) compression for comparison.

KcTeen
Last edited by kcteen on Thu May 22, 2003 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Logo ideas

Post by KCPowercat »

yeah send me the raw file...what are you using as software? You can email me the raw file to my email admin@kcskyscrapers.com

kcteen
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Logo ideas

Post by kcteen »

Well I put the crane to black and changed the background. It is the very last image at http://kcteen.freeservers.com.

I used Adobe Illustrator (10.0) as the design software and photoshop to crop and resize. So, the raw file is .ai... can you use that? It can be saved as a a few other vector graphics files, such as Illustrator EPS (.eps) or SVG (.svg) as well.

-KcTeen
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Logo ideas

Post by KCPowercat »

I like that...color is good too....any way you can move the lighter colored arch closer to what I was thinking in my bad drawing...that way I could use just that lighter color with those three buildings for smaller logos as well.

can't decide whether I like the name of the site or the address in the bottom right

kcteen
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Logo ideas

Post by kcteen »

Okay, i moved the oval over. Its on the site. I'm not sure which one i like more...the one with the oval slightly off centered or the one with it more centered. Also, i noticed i filled the wires of the crane in black on accident and corrected that

Kcteen
SonicBoi
New York Life
New York Life

Logo ideas

Post by SonicBoi »

Awsome! That looks a little more "real." Keep up the great work! I personally like the one with the large oval section expanding over the right edge a hair more than the smaller oval. I doubt there would be any loss of continuity between it and a smaller logo if you went with it. They are both great and possably could be used interchangably. As for the name/site address question. You could so both, the address large and the name smaller underneath. Or reverse that. Whichever you think looks or works better.
SonicBoi
1 Samuel 18:3-4: And Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself. Jonathan took off the robe he was wearing and gave it to David, along with his tunic, and even his sword, his bow and his belt.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Logo ideas

Post by KCPowercat »

yeah I like the oval more to the side I think....only thing I was thinking on the smaller oval over the center is using just the oval as a smaller logo....shrinking this banner down to the size of something like the denverskyscrapers.com one above wouldn't work, so we need to put our heads together and find something in this banner we can crop out to make into a logo....just because I won't be able to put this awesome banner logo everywhere I want to use it, it would be too big.

SonicBoi
New York Life
New York Life

Logo ideas

Post by SonicBoi »

Hmmm, what about this: a square of the bluer green with an oval of the greener green inside of it and 1KCP and Town Pav. scrunched closer together. You could include KCPL, but it looks way to small to be included it would look off balance. Or option 2: Just 1KCP or just KCPL (maybe a pic that is more obvious). Photoshop is being a pain right now and my pc is really slow or I would make a mock up to give you an idea of what I mean.
SonicBoi
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Logo ideas

Post by KCPowercat »

OK, I like how this is progressing, I'm coming up with a final design that I like and see what everybody else thinks this week.

So next, we need a SLOGAN......or if anybody has a better website address name to us that would work with a slogan, I'd be willing to spring for a new domain as well.

Come on people, I'm obviously not the creative one here......

I'm thinking of all this to make some sort of promo stuff like t-shirts and/or stickers for car windows.....and a good slogan along with the logo would complete that idea.

Thanks for all the input...hopefully more great ideas for a slogan will come out just like the logo has started to evolve.

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Logo ideas

Post by KCPowercat »

KCTeen...where did you go? I liked where we were going on this logo......let me know how you think we should proceed.

KCPowercat
Ambassador

Logo ideas

Post by KCPowercat »

ok, I've used KCTeen's logo heavily (Teen tell me what credit you want/where)....I've updated colors on the page, made a bullet out of the logo and am looking for a small logo to go with the banner....so which of the 3 (or any) do you like?

Also look, I've updated the main page, I'm trying to get a theme down so I've made a new main title that says "Latest updates"...what does everybody think of that color? It matches the secondary color in the banner.....like, not like?

I'm up for whatever you guys/girls think looks good...this is KC's website, not mine :)

KCDevin

Logo ideas

Post by KCDevin »

i like 2 :)
SonicBoi
New York Life
New York Life

Logo ideas

Post by SonicBoi »

I think the first looks best. I think the lettering detracts from the design. Also, the lettering is not enough to identify it with this web site.
SonicBoi
kcteen
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Logo ideas

Post by kcteen »

Hey I really like it. Sorry I "dissapeared" I just always forget to check this part of the forum (!) Well, I myself like the front page

T-Shirts and stickers would be really cool. Maybe they could be sold at the city market and kindof represent the "grassroots" downtown revitalization effort.

Maybe there's a downtown printer/silkscreener who would give you a good deal if it were for a cause like that. I think there may be a t-shirt and banner silkscreener in the river market if my memory serves me correctly. (I think I called one at one time to get a bid for a project...)

KcTeen
KCDevin

Logo ideas

Post by KCDevin »

hmm,
we could take the sayings in that one thread and put them with pictures :)
(i'd take a shirt with 1KCP on it any day :))
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

Logo ideas

Post by KCN »

My vote goes to the first one