Thoughts about the website & forum

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Since we've gotten a little publicicity and much more visibility with more users and viewers, I'd like to get everybody's comments.

I've placed this in this forum so you don't even have to register on this message board to respond, so you'll be annonymous. Just let us long time users know what you think....do you plan on sticking around, what would you like to see added, talked about, etc.

Just let us know what you think about the site.....we'd love to have as many new users as possible, so go ahead and join but if you're not ready, just click "reply" and let us know what you are thinking about the site.

Thanks.
Last edited by KCPowercat on Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I saw the story in the KC Star and had to check out the site since my husband and I are considering moving to Beacon Hill once they move beyond the infill stage. It's a great site.
You asked for input on the Brookside page -- what would we like to see?
Maybe list of new businesses in the area would be good. Focus on 63rd St development to the east of Brookside.
Anonymous

more users

Post by Anonymous »

What about making kcskyscrapers.com bumber stickers or t-shirts to get more people aware of the site. I would buy one.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I actually thought about this...not even selling them, just making a way for people to print something like that off onto a shirt or a static cling window type thing.

Any graphic designers want to donate some time and make a cool logo?

Anonymous

logo

Post by Anonymous »

Im not a graphic designer, but what about something simple like a cotour outline of the northland view of the skyline with kcskyscrapers.com overlapping it. Something to avoid the bartle hall shot that is overused and makes the city look small.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

like this?

Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Good2Great »

I love the site! Too bad my comments aren't always appreciated for their genius.

The sad thing about being a genius is that so man times we aren't recognized as such until after our death.
KCSKYSCRAPERS changed my life. I was on the edge until I visited this site. Now I find myself longing to dive off a 60 story building onto a frozen fountain paying tribute to the St. Louis Arch.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

that looks great
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

so misunderstood

Jim Newman

Post by Jim Newman »

Thank you for your web site on downtown Kansas City. Although
I have lived in Los Angeles and New York longer than I lived in
Kanasas City, I still am affected by the looks and activity of downtown
Kansas City. The city, is to me, the greated city in the nation with
the most dramatic of any city here or abroad.
Good luck in getting more people interest in living and working in
downtown Kansas City.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Post by QueSi2Opie »

Great logo...works for me :D
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

Post by KCN »

How awesome would that look on a billboard.

Yeah I know, but still would be cool :wink:
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

I don't think there's any need to feel failure because this site doesn't draw as many visitors as a Chiefs board or something like that. As I was looking over some of the comments written about Bass Pro, I realized that everyone who's posting seems to have a true passion for this city. They love it here and want it to be the best. There's a great deal of passion for this area and that is what fuels some of the heated exchanges that have taken place on the boards. Because it's not cool to say how completely great this city is...we're in the minority. We might always be in the minority, but I don't think it's bad that we're not as popular as Seattle, Denver or even Minneapolis. KC is a "word of mouth" city rather than a billboard with neon flashing lights.

As far as I know, there's nothing like this site on the internet. For anyone interested in the business, architecture, and geography of Kansas City...this is the one and only source.
DiggityDawg
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by DiggityDawg »

I agree with trailerkid 100 % . I check the board twice a day - once in the AM at home & once at night from work.

I'm no expert on development or city planning like a lot of you - I just like coming here for the conversation & info...I can't get this stuff anywhere else.

I also dig that the board's by & large "idiot-free" .
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

I was thinking...do you think there are any people from city hall who keep up on this board? It's really the only place that people in KC can sound off about goings-on in the area. Although most people on this board strongly support spending city money to improve infastructure...it's quite a public pulse for certain projects and how people feel about them.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

If I see something like the arena, Bass Pro Shop, etc. talk going on that has a lot of opinions...I will forward a link to some people that have shown an interest in the site in the past....just so they can get kind of a pulse....I have no way of knowing who all checks out the site w/o them registering and telling us.

This Site

Post by guest »

This site is OK but there are alot of people on here that pounce on someone as soon as they say something. It's not idiot free by any means, you're all idiots. That graphic is stupid and cheesy, would make a retarded logo, but would get the ignorant masses eye on a billboard.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

thanks mikey....