Welcome to the new forum!

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: Welcome to the new forum!

Post by KCPowercat »

its link title is "mark topics read"....top right by the room page numbers
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

Board seemed slow for me today too. Seems a little better now.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

KCPowercat wrote:its link title is "mark topics read"....top right by the room page numbers
And if I had that, I would click on that. But, I don't see anything close to "mark topics read."
shaffe
Penntower
Penntower

Post by shaffe »

AllThingsKC wrote:
KCPowercat wrote:its link title is "mark topics read"....top right by the room page numbers
And if I had that, I would click on that. But, I don't see anything close to "mark topics read."
It's in the individual forums, but not on the unread topics page. Which kinda sucks because I only use the message board from the unread topics page not by browsing individual forums.

This needs to be moved over to the unread topics page ASAP IMO.
KCKev
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCKev »

AllThingsKC wrote:
When you are done reading the posts you are interested in, click board index and look at the center botom.

what is view unanswered posts for ?
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

shaffe wrote:
AllThingsKC wrote:
It's in the individual forums, but not on the unread topics page. Which kinda sucks because I only use the message board from the unread topics page not by browsing individual forums.

This needs to be moved over to the unread topics page ASAP IMO.
There's also a mark all read at the bottom of the index page, which is still a lot less convenient than when the link was on the unread topics page on the old mark, but better than individually marking each forum read.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Not seeing it either.

Like any new GUI it will take a little bit to get used to but I'm sure it will be fine.
ignatius
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by ignatius »

mean wrote:
pash wrote:
m wrote: As we are not php gods, I very seriously doubt it can be removed without big trouble. -b
Search the files in the app directories for the string "times in total" and post several lines of the file around where it occurs.
It would be easy to take that out, but I like being able to see how many times someone edits their post. Keeps ya honest. Maybe there should be a poll.

What might be a bigger issue is that you can't edit/delete older (imported) posts. That's like Facebook saying they had to do a restore and you can no longer alter your older content. That could be an issue for some, especially since posts don't ever expire.

If the forum software isn't flexible enough to customize, maybe you guys should consider one that can.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

KCPowercat wrote:new board seems to load slow....does seem pretty low activity for some reason.
There were some kind of server issues yesterday. It was ridiculous. Seems somewhat better today, though.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

how do i control the size of images i post from URLs? i used to be able to put "width" inside the img tag. that doesn't work now. halp!
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I added a new code called rimg, for resize image. You should be able to pass it width= and height= values.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

mean wrote:I added a new code called rimg, for resize image. You should be able to pass it width= and height= values.
i tried adding "width=600" to the first part of the image tag and that didn't work. changed the image tag to "rimg" and added the same value and nothing. example, perhaps?
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Correct, sorry if that wasn't clear. To specify an image width and/or height, the tag should be "rimg" rather than "img". I didn't test it, though, I just used an example on the phpbb forum. Let me test it out. Sorry. I should have tested it before I said anything. </dumbass>
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Ok, the way I set it up apparently it requires both width and height. Is that a problem? Should I just make it take a width parameter? I can do that, but word of warning, it may not scale the images. It may just change the width and leave the height.

Code: Select all

[rimg width=X height=Y]URL[/rimg]
coreyo
New York Life
New York Life

Post by coreyo »

I'm having issues in the P&L Section. Doesn't seem to think I have rights to post there.
supastudio
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by supastudio »

I miss the "recently updated posts" list that was at the bottom of the page on the last forum. It was easier and faster to see all the recent, trending, and popular posts. Any way to get that back?
mudjack
New York Life
New York Life

Post by mudjack »

supastudio wrote:I miss the "recently updated posts" list that was at the bottom of the page on the last forum. It was easier and faster to see all the recent, trending, and popular posts. Any way to get that back?
I miss it too. There are some topics I don't normally read, but will check out if an interesting post appears in the "recently updated posts" list.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

How do I get it not to email me when there are responses to my post? Am I the only one experiencing this?
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

KCMax wrote:How do I get it not to email me when there are responses to my post? Am I the only one experiencing this?
User Control Panel -> Board Prefs -> Edit Posting Defaults -> Notify Me Upon Replies

I don't know why this is on by default, it was not on by default on any other phpBB I admin.