KC needs a website like this!

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

KC needs a website like this!

Post by GRID »

This website is really informative, comprehensive and well done.

Something like this would be amazing for KC.

http://www.denverinfill.com/neighborhoods.htm
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Re: KC needs a website like this!

Post by kcmetro »

It's remarkable how many new condo and office projects they're building downtown.
Downtowner
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Downtowner »

Very cool site but noticed the "big picture" tab was as of February 2007? I imagine that a lot got shelved like every other city. Still, they've done a tremendous amount of condo construction downtown. One other oddity I noticed was a "tour" of Union station. It looks impressive from the outside but almost a movie set facade. The interior is tiny and non-descript....a few benches and a counter.

I will heading to Denver next weekend. Ridiculous deal on travelocity: Airfare and 3 nights at Crowne Plaza hotel Downtown for $174...$209 with tax. I kept thinking there had to be a mistake but yes, that was the deal.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Downtowner wrote: Very cool site but noticed the "big picture" tab was as of February 2007? I imagine that a lot got shelved like every other city. Still, they've done a tremendous amount of condo construction downtown. One other oddity I noticed was a "tour" of Union station. It looks impressive from the outside but almost a movie set facade. The interior is tiny and non-descript....a few benches and a counter.

I will heading to Denver next weekend. Ridiculous deal on travelocity: Airfare and 3 nights at Crowne Plaza hotel Downtown for $174...$209 with tax. I kept thinking there had to be a mistake but yes, that was the deal.
Denver's Union Station sucks and even though there is a lot of transit activity behind the station, very little of that activity interacts with the actual station and the station itslelf in not in the same league as KC's union station.  Basically Denver's station is for amtrak and KC's amtrak station is much nicer.
Last edited by GRID on Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.