New Theme! Bitch and Moan here!

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New Theme! Bitch and Moan here!

Post by mean »

All the links are underlined rather than a different color, to differentiate them from normal text in an attempt to address the concern that nobody could tell what was a link and what wasn't.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
zonk
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by zonk »

10-4
mlind
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by mlind »

Thanks for making the quotes darker.  So much easier to read.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

I love the new design for the most part, though I too am having trouble reading with the gray skin.  The shades of gray are just too similar, it's kind of straining on my eyes.

My only other comment would be that the trolley graphic (which i really like otherwise), is really too tall to be used on every page of the site.  On my laptops I am forced to scroll down on every screen in order to see what topics have new posts.  It gets annoying pretty quickly when I'm trying to read through everything.  If possible you should use a vertically shorter version of it once you're down in the categories.
Sportster
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Sportster »

I'm thinkin this new format is pretty kickin! Like the new skin and the old Country Club Car too. (Manufactured by the St. Louis Car Company by the way)

Lookin good sportsfans!

Sportster
...time to make the donuts
Roanoker
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Roanoker »

I didn't have any trouble with the new format until I realized I could not widen the page to see all of each picture I post.

Would it be too objectionable to do one of the following?

1. Allow readers to widen the page.

2. Change the fixed width to whatever would accommodate a picture size of 800x600.

That's the lowest size I can specify when I upload my pictures to Opera Community.

Thank you for all your work. I know the pay isn't great.
“Give up money, give up fame, give up science, give the earth itself and all it contains rather than do an immoral act.” —Thomas Jefferson (1785)
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

yep, that's definitely a bummer on the photo threads.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

I just set it to 1000px. It's ugly at the top, but I think it makes the forum more viewable.
Roanoker
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Roanoker »

bahua wrote: I just set it to 1000px. It's ugly at the top, but I think it makes the forum more viewable.
Thank you. Much better. As for the bus picture at the top, could you change the white background on either side to the same gray color used on all the other edges?

Don't do any backflips to get this accomplished, although I'm sure you are good at that, too!  :D
“Give up money, give up fame, give up science, give the earth itself and all it contains rather than do an immoral act.” —Thomas Jefferson (1785)
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

=D>
bahua wrote: I just set it to 1000px. It's ugly at the top, but I think it makes the forum more viewable.
bbqboy
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by bbqboy »

can you make the Streetcar click back to the home page as the kcrag icon used to?
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Yeah, you mean the home page of the forum?
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
bbqboy
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by bbqboy »

yes.