Welcome back again!

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Welcome back again!

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I guess I can edit the CSS of the theme and set it the background color to something else, but I can't promise you'll like it and I really don't want to get involved in a situation where I change it and someone complains, so I change it again and someone complains, so I change it again, ad infinitum.
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

If you can find another theme that suits you, I would be more than happy to install it. I had no idea that updating phpBB would change the themes so obnoxiously.
bbqboy
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by bbqboy »

I'm still several shades of blue. What does that mean?
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

You're probably using getaway, which is the default theme. You wouldn't see anything different unless you specifically went in and changed it in your profile.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

bbqboy wrote:I'm still several shades of blue. What does that mean?
You need to make some changes in your life, happiness comes from within.
Roanoker
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Roanoker »

:lol: =D>
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

Others have maybe noticed or are already aware, but Colorado 2010 has now joined Topamax as an eternally unread thread. Really not that big of a deal, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Big thanks to those who keep this site working!
Roanoker
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Roanoker »

bobbyhawks wrote:Others have maybe noticed or are already aware, but Colorado 2010 has now joined Topamax as an eternally unread thread. Really not that big of a deal, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Thank you, Bobbyhawks. I'm the author of Colorado 2010. This morning, I received notification that someone had posted to it, but when I looked, there was no post. Then I received another notification, and, again, nothing. However, I noticed that Loftguy was the last one who had posted to the thread. So I looked at his post with the same date and time, and I saw what he supposedly had posted. (Thank you, by the way, Loftguy.) But his post never made it to the site. I assumed that he, and the other mystery poster, had removed their posts.

Incidentally, what does "eternally unread thread" mean? Did I cross some line?
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

I have no idea what you mean.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

Roanoker wrote:Incidentally, what does "eternally unread thread" mean? Did I cross some line?
Ha. Sorry. I didn't mean for it to come across that way. When I click on "View unread posts," there are now two threads that I can't clear out of my unread posts queue. There is a previously deleted Topamax thread, and now Colorado 2010 stays marked as "unread" even after I read it. So by eternally unread, I mean that the system marks it as eternally unread.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

I am impressed that you have no unread posts. I have 23 pages of unread topics.
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

Roanoker wrote:
bobbyhawks wrote:Others have maybe noticed or are already aware, but Colorado 2010 has now joined Topamax as an eternally unread thread. Really not that big of a deal, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Thank you, Bobbyhawks. I'm the author of Colorado 2010. This morning, I received notification that someone had posted to it, but when I looked, there was no post. Then I received another notification, and, again, nothing. However, I noticed that Loftguy was the last one who had posted to the thread. So I looked at his post with the same date and time, and I saw what he supposedly had posted. (Thank you, by the way, Loftguy.) But his post never made it to the site. I assumed that he, and the other mystery poster, had removed their posts.

shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

bobbyhawks wrote:
Roanoker wrote:Incidentally, what does "eternally unread thread" mean? Did I cross some line?
Ha. Sorry. I didn't mean for it to come across that way. When I click on "View unread posts," there are now two threads that I can't clear out of my unread posts queue. There is a previously deleted Topamax thread, and now Colorado 2010 stays marked as "unread" even after I read it. So by eternally unread, I mean that the system marks it as eternally unread.
I get the same thing.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

bobbyhawks wrote:
I get the same thing. An add "KC Downtown streetcar" to that list
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

loftguy wrote:
Roanoker wrote:

My comments did not post, first time around in trying to respond to the attached quote from Roanoker. Guess this is a test to see if it works this time.

edit: yep, it worked.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

lock+load wrote:I am impressed that you have no unread posts. I have 23 pages of unread topics.
Ha. I am an obsessive completionist. Even for the topics I am not interested, I have to click on them to clear them out of the queue. Not having inbox zero also annoys me, but I have a ways to go to get there.
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Not sure why this is happening, but it's happening to me, too. I will investigate tomorrow.