The Future of KCRag *Vote*

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.

Which sub-forum(s) would you like to see created next?

New Member Introductions
20%
KC Education
19%
KC Dining News & Reviews
31%
KC - DIY (Member Projects)
28%
Other (Please, explain below)
2%

Total votes: 54

splash
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: The Future of KCRag *Vote*

Post by splash »

I like the idea of an education board and a DIY board, but I don't think there would be enough traffic to either.  If we had a new board, maybe it could be called 'Living in KC' and could incorporate both, but also kind of serve as a catch all for other topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else.  I realize we have an Urban Living board, but it's focused on downtown, which is cool.  And we do have the general KC board that's such a catch all, having a slightly more specific board might add more traffic.  I'm not sure how much of a pain in the ass it would be, but if a new board fails, would it be that irritating to just move the threads somewhere else?  Or delete them altogether? 
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

Of course, one of the confusing aspects is when one uses the words "Kansas City" is one referring to the area specified by the city limits of KCMO or is one referring to the Kansas City area?
I may be right.  I may be wrong.  But there is a lot of gray area in-between.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

aknowledgeableperson wrote: Of course, one of the confusing aspects is when one uses the words "Kansas City" is one referring to the area specified by the city limits of KCMO or is one referring to the Kansas City area?
Good Point, especially on something like "KC Education".  I envisioned that idea as a Metro wide education discussion, but would that be the case...or would it be strictly KC?  Perhaps the easiest way to referr to the entire KC area is to say "KC Metro" rather than "KC"...or maybe there's some other way?
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.