Is there any interest in...

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Is there any interest in...

Post by im2kull »

Is there any interest in...Creating a section or two within the "other kc topics' or "other topics" areas for posting up pictures/ideas/plans/etc on renovations/remodeling, etc?  What I have in mind is somewhere to discuss room arrangements, and other interior house type things like home theatres, and mini-bars, along with a seperate area for full fledged remodeling and renovating.  Perhaps we could call it something like "Everything Interior", "Everything Exterior", &/or "My Extreme Home Makeover".  Not to detract from any other parts of the forum, but I think it could be usefull to have a specific area for those type of things....for members to showcase their innovations and get answers to building/refinishing/planning questions.  It'd be nice to have a dedicated area for the threads like "My new house, renovation and such", and "my backyard renovation", rather than see them get burried within the "urban core" area, and what not.  It would also be nice to see more threads like those, and I believe that creating an area for them would be a great start.  Any others?
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: Is there any interest in...

Post by AllThingsKC »

Wow.  You've got all kinds of ideas for the fourm tonight, don't you?  :P
KC is the way to be!
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

AllThingsKC wrote: Wow.  You've got all kinds of ideas for the fourm tonight, don't you?   :P
Haha..yeah...Its amazing what you can do when MD isn't hunting you down  :D  I've actually got another thread to creat in the "north of the river" area...but I cant post it till I get some pics tmo.  I could..but it wouldn't be complete w/o the pics, so it can wait. 
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Is there enough interest to sustain a specific forum?  I love the idea, but it might get more traffic folded into a regular section.  You can create too many dead sub-forums. 
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

I would totally use it and post a lot in that section, but like WoodDraw said, I'm not sure we have enough of those types of people to sustain it.  I get on This Old House forum every now and then to answer people's questions and post my own. 

http://advice.thisoldhouse.com/search.p ... id=1558081
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

WoodDraw wrote: Is there enough interest to sustain a specific forum?  I love the idea, but it might get more traffic folded into a regular section.  You can create too many dead sub-forums. 
I think its one of those that if we create it, more people will use it.  I know that I would deffinately be starting some threads on interior work, and I could see other members doing the same.  There's a lot of knowledge about renovation/remodeling/touching up on this board, we just need a solid way to tap into it.
THINK (ONE) KC.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

i'd support a "fantasy makeover" section. we have quite a few threads like that already. a makeover of your home, crown center, union station, 1KCP, riverfront, etc.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

Do it yourself section? That way it could cover several areas instead of having a lot of separate forums.
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

I think it a decent idea but it might be just as good as a long-running thread. I feel like we've got too many sections already, but that is obviously just my opinion.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

KansasCityCraka wrote: Do it yourself section? That way it could cover several areas instead of having a lot of separate forums.
I think that's a great option.  A "DIY" section could cover everything, without adding much weight to the overall forum.
THINK (ONE) KC.