What happened to the forum Time-Out? (The temp. forum suspension)

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

What happened to the forum Time-Out? (The temp. forum suspension)

Post by im2kull »

Really...one person shouldn't be able to tear down this place.  Somebody needs to get You-Know-Who under control.  We used to simply mute/suspend the unruly temporarily, (Not to be confused with the actual "Mute" feature), so that they couldn't post, but could logon and read what others have to say...for a change. 

I belive that this about sums up what I am talking about...and I by no means want to start a flame-war..this is a serious topic that needs discussed.

Name:  Maitre D
That's a huge issue, 99.2%ish of those are truely worthless posts...its like he/she has this "I've got to have more posts than everyone else" complex...
Position:  City Center Square
Date Registered:  August 04, 2004, 05:57:13 pm
Last Active:  Today at 04:06:00 pm
Ignored by: 29 members   (That has got to be the forum record)

Please Mods: Let's discuss this for a change, rather than play the "I'm not going to over-moderate" game.  We're about to lose the brakes on this train...and I don't think I'm the only one who see's it.

BTW Maitre should not make a peep on this topic, he has me ignored so he shouldn't even be able to see it...well...unless he has another login. (which should warrant an automatic ejection or at least suspension from the forum...per the user agreement) So please, Maitre, if you read this..don't respond...let everyone else get a chance at a real discussion.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
ComandanteCero
One Park Place
One Park Place

Re: What happened to the forum Time-Out? (The temp. forum suspension)

Post by ComandanteCero »

is this a product of another sports thread boil over?
KC Region is all part of the same animal regardless of state and county lines.
Think on the Regional scale.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

ComandanteCero wrote: is this a product of another sports thread boil over?
Damnit no, and please...don't post if you're not going to contribute something worthy to this discussion.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

All you have to do is goto the main KCrag forum page, and look at the stats for how many "Visitors" or "Non-Users" are constantly browsing our pages due to various search forums etc.  Having people like Maitre, and Joe-Money constantly going off is giving us a horrible image.  We should all think deeply about the new person who posted last month that they recommended the site to two of their friends, who made user names, and were turned off within the first day of using the forum.  It shouldn't be that way...plain and simple.  This isn't the wild west, its the KCrag forum.  It has rules, and they should be observed.

Who knows, maybe Joe and Maitre...(among others) can change.  All they need is a little time to think and figure out if they want to be a part of this forum by posting logical, relevant information...or if they want to continue stagnating in a cess-pool of slang terms and personal attacks, while the rest of the forum continues to move forward.
THINK (ONE) KC.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

ComandanteCero wrote: well, feel free to give some context.  I didn't even realize Joe-Money was still posting....
Joe Money continues to post nothing but useless "our omaha billionaires" outnumber KC's, which is fine...so long as it stays factual, which it doesnt because he almost immeadiatly begins the whole "Omaha superiority complex" thing.

Maitre D continues to post nothing but flame-bait and personal attacks on anyone who disagrees with the following statement: I sold my Soul to The University of Kansas.

I'm not going to bother quoting, or doing too much research...point is that its happening, everyday, and everywhere in this forum.  Its gone on too long, and become far too much of a naussence (Sp?) to the everyday members, and potential members...and needs to be dealt with.  Some people just can't admit that they're wrong...and its our job to make them realize that they aren't always right, and that they aren't God.  We need to send a message to the few members that contribute nothing factual, worthwhile, and are only on here to attack the group as a whole, and create the same arguement day after day.  People need to know that there are boundarys, that the forum rules are more than some sticky'd link that we never read. 

Disagreement is one thing, whether its based on opinion or not is another...but a members personal vendetta should not stop this forum from progressing and moving forward.  That should not be tolerated, ever.

Anniewarbucks is a great example of someone who most don't agree with, but does not tarnish the forums image because of it.  She posts what questions she has, and what answers she knows...and is always open to anothers opinion, and can change her viewpoint freely.  Hell KCP himself is another great example of someone that disagree's with a lot of the general consenses on here...but he never goes out of his way to create personal attacks on others, and can accept when he is wrong on an actual factual topic. 

Maitre and Joe are two great examples of the polar opposite.  They cannot seem to accept facts that they don't agree with.  When faced with a mountain of evidence proving something contrary to their belief, they will stand and shout and throw every known comeback your way.  Opinion is one thing, but ludacris comments and denial are another.
THINK (ONE) KC.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

All I'm saying is that they are continuing to run our forum into the ground, and its time we all decide if the forum continues to move forward, or if we're going to let the actions of a few ruin everything that we've accomplished to this point.
THINK (ONE) KC.
KCKev
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCKev »

Dude, if you can't handle some of the members then stay away, self censor your self... Or start a blog that you have total control.
If there is one thing in this world that gets me pissed off its censorship. No one person or group of people can deside what is or isn't the correct thing to allow/not allow.

If we all thought the same, then there would be no need for this forum cause we would all agree on all subjucts.

Why have these (2) people got you so freaked out that you want to silence them?
If you're not on the EDGE, you're taking up TOO MUCH ROOM!
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

KCKev wrote: Why have these (2) people got you so freaked out that you want to silence them?
Because they are single-handidly causing this forum to move down the slippery slope of demise.  Please, put a little more thought into your response the next time...why else do you think I would actually be concerned about anything that anyone posts on this forum?  For the record, I believe that many members have stated these same thoughts, and I believe its time we hold people accountable for their actions.  Its at the point where we are losing new members and long-time members alike...due to the hostility of a select few. 

Removing or suspending a member that negatively effects the forum as a whole is not censorship, its fixing a problem.
THINK (ONE) KC.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

let's just put it up to a forum vote: unabated, QC, or permanent ban.
kcmetro
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by kcmetro »

Go fill your prescription.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Heck - I though MD has been doing a much better (though not perfect) job with his decorum the last couple months. 

I would say that the OP of this thread has easily been twice as disruptive as MD the last few weeks. 
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

im2kull wrote:
Removing or suspending a member that negatively effects the forum as a whole is not censorship, its fixing a problem.
I agree. Please suspend/ban Im2kull. He's been killing this place the last few weeks.
If it doesn't have street-level retail, it's an abortion.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Post like this one http://forum.kcrag.com/http://www.kcrag ... 64#p394464 that i popped up with my kids sitting next to me make me think im2kull needs a little lesson in hypocrisy and his own stint in the time out chair. This is just as bad or worse than the constant flow of crap from the two restaurant workers.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

MD is easy to ignore.  There is no requirement that everyone accepts "facts". Besides, who is to say what is "factual"? A citation on an internet site does not make something true. If you don't like discussing things with MD, don't discuss things with him. Everyone on this forum knows EXACTLY where he is coming from, so don't engage if its just going to make you upset.

I will look into the personal attacks, although I think everyone knows the sports forum is pretty loosely moderated. People call each other names, I wish it wouldn't happen, but if I had to censor everytime someone called someone else a name, I would never have time for anything else.

This thread would have more credence if it didn't come from a forum member who engaged in the same kind of behavior being derided.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

WSPanic wrote: I agree. Please suspend/ban Im2kull. He's been killing this place the last few weeks.
This is pretty funny - guy comes on demanding a ban, then finds out to his dismay that the sword cuts both ways.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Maitre D wrote: This is pretty funny - guy comes on demanding a ban, then finds out to his dismay that the sword cuts both ways.

if you have him on ignore, how are you reading it?
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

kcdcchef wrote: if you have him on ignore, how are you reading it?
He's quoted in WSPanic's message that I responded to.  Your failed "zinger" reminds me of the time Costanza flew all the way to Cleveland to zing that guy, then failed miserably.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

Seems like taking sports threads elsewhere would cure most of this.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Maitre D wrote: He's quoted in WSPanic's message that I responded to.   Your failed "zinger" reminds me of the time Costanza flew all the way to Cleveland to zing that guy, then failed miserably.
come on big boy, you read the whole thread, and you know you did. while not logged in, another account, something. and we both know it.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

staubio wrote: Seems like taking sports threads elsewhere would cure most of this.
Honestly, that sort of dialog all seems least offensive when it is in the sports rooms - there it is at least in a context where rivalry is an understood component.  Where it becomes troublesome is when the same conversational style starts spilling over into the other regions of the forum.  For example - some of the more inane national politics conversations that have carried on the last several months unabated.  It is much the same characters and non-constructive dialog flow as in the sports forum but somehow stands out much more repulsively outside of those confines.