What happened to the forum Time-Out? (The temp. forum suspension)

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: What happened to the forum Time-Out? (The temp. forum suspension)

Post by staubio »

mean wrote: I have long thought this, but who the hell has the time to deal with that mess?
so the alternative is?
NDTeve
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by NDTeve »

The sports forums are what they should be. I don't mind the ribbing. I'm sure MD, Metro, Lenexa, Chef, JLB, KCP etc. doesn't mind it either. We rib each other about sports on there but we can agree on the other forums. I like the interaction on there. Good mix of KSU, MU, KU, etc.
Last edited by staubio on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
- Mark Twain
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

BTW,

Who the FUCK has me on ignore? I'm a damn paragon of civility. And I season this board with light, yet insightful, satirical humor.

Don't ignore me, I'M a MAN, I'm FORTY YEARS OLD, I'M a MAN!
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

bahua wrote: Must hurry up with new feature....
A. I was starting to wonder if you were dead. Glad you're not.

B. Do tell!
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

GRID wrote: I think some of you spend way too much time on forums like this.  I would guess that for many of these posters, this is only one forum. I would guess that MD is all over the internet all the time.  This is his entertainment.  Logging onto to forums all day and night talking about KU.  I don’t get it.  Not in the least.  Seems like a waste of life ;).  .

I envy the excitement in your life.  You get to experience things I'm sure I never will.  I aspire to live an existence like yours some day.  No really - I do.

:&
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

kcmetro wrote: You're the worst poster on the sports board now.  I don't even know what sent you into this rage during the past week, but I think it's obvious you've stopped taking your medication.  MD doesn't post anything outrageous...just his opinions like the rest of us.  Most of the time it's pretty civil...then you show up and start getting offended at what's been said by other posters...stuff that has nothing to do with you.

There's always been an element of "bickering" but that's natural to any msg board.   They used to have a "Dumpster" area before you arrived that was a sort  of free-for-all.   I enjoyed it, but it was taken away by the mods.

Honestly, here's my opinion:  this all started with KU's dream season in 2007.   The Orange Bowl created a lot of controversy with a fanbase that already hated KU, and then it hit Mach 3 when Mario's Miracle rained out of the sky to give KU the hoops title.    In the early days, when I joined - Bucknell and Bradley happened.....and the KSUers were still proud football fans.  (We took that away too).    There was more give & take I think.

If anyone disgrees, take note of any of the KU clan (me, Metro, Lenexa, WSP, Max, Teve, etc) who have repeatedly called for bannings.    They don't, and that says it all.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

Maitre D wrote:

If anyone disgrees, take note of any of the KU clan (me, Metro, Lenexa, WSP, Max, Teve, etc) who have repeatedly called for bannings.    They don't, and that says it all.
a lot of the people that have called for your banning have had little if any to do with sports threads. a lot of it has to do with your intolerance of anything that does not gel with your beliefs. gay marriage, gay lifestyle, liberals, race matters, etc.

do yourself a favor, go back and read the thread there was an appeal for your removal. see who commented most on it. they werent anti-ku.. boognish, tat2kc, GRID ( anti kansas, not anti ku ) powercat spoke against you in that one, mancw, seriously, none of them.

your love of your university amazes me. you think the whole world is against ku.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

We've been super cool around here since day one, starting with KCP, in terms of putting up with normal forum BS, bickering, not banning people, etc., but there seems to be a rising chorus saying they'd rather have us be more active forum nazis (of course, not to THEM and THEIR posts :P) so let me just say: be careful what you wish for.

There has long been an ongoing internal debate among the mods and admins about whether we should start actively banning people for violations of the posting guidelines, lowering the threshold for post removal to, "if I don't like it, it's gone, end of story," and generally running what one might call a tighter ship. We have never pulled the switch on it up to this point, obviously, despite vehement exhortations from various posters and moderators, even some people quitting and never coming back. I'm one of a shrinking number who don't really want to go all forum-nazi. But let me tell you, I can't keep it from happening forever if you guys (and by "you guys" I mean everyone) can't behave. It's that simple.

I hate to see the freedom this forum embraced for so long be destroyed because people can't stop being assholes to each other, but there's nothing I can do. It's all on you guys.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

mean wrote: We've been super cool around here since day one, starting with KCP, in terms of putting up with normal forum BS, bickering, not banning people, etc., but there seems to be a rising chorus saying they'd rather have us be more active forum nazis (of course, not to THEM and THEIR posts :P) so let me just say: be careful what you wish for.

There has long been an ongoing internal debate among the mods and admins about whether we should start actively banning people for violations of the posting guidelines, lowering the threshold for post removal to, "if I don't like it, it's gone, end of story," and generally running what one might call a tighter ship. We have never pulled the switch on it up to this point, obviously, despite vehement exhortations from various posters and moderators, even some people quitting and never coming back. I'm one of a shrinking number who don't really want to go all forum-nazi. But let me tell you, I can't keep it from happening forever if you guys (and by "you guys" I mean everyone) can't behave. It's that simple.

I hate to see the freedom this forum embraced for so long be destroyed because people can't stop being assholes to each other, but there's nothing I can do. It's all on you guys.

This happens to ALL forums when they get more popular. Unless you want to just let it be like 4Chan, things have to change.

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Tosspot wrote:
This happens to ALL forums when they get more popular. Unless you want to just let it be like 4Chan, things have to change.
Agree'd...

This is no longer the KCskyscrapers forum.  Its broader, and whilst we may not want to admit it...we're no longer a forum devoted to strictly KC development.  That's just the way it is.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.