Ignore user feature

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Ignore user feature

Post by im2kull »

KCMax wrote: What are his other user names?
You're a mod...go do the homework...

He doesn't post with them, but he uses them to see posts from the 26ish people that he has ignored so that he can continue to respond to them.  I sure hope you're not being sarcastic in your post, I would expect more from a global mod.   [-X
Last edited by im2kull on Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

im2kull wrote: You're a mod...go do the homework...

He doesn't post with them, but he uses them to see posts from the 26ish people that have him blocked so that he can respond to them.  I sure hope you're not being sarcastic in your post, I would expect more from a global mod.   [-X
Sorry I don't have time to go through everyone's IP address.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

The ignore feature really would be more effective if it blocked quotes from people you have on ignore.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

im2kull wrote:He doesn't post with them, but he uses them to see posts from the 26ish people that have him blocked so that he can respond to them.  I sure hope you're not being sarcastic in your post, I would expect more from a global mod.   [-X
I think you're a little paranoid.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Maitre D wrote: The ignore feature really would be more effective if it blocked quotes from people you have on ignore.
Or if those people would not respond to the quote of the person that they are trying to ignore...That would be the more effective way of doing business on this board.  If you're going to have someone on your ignore list, then why respond to a post of theirs that is quoted?  Besides, you know you won't be able to read their response to your rebuttal, so why bother?  It defeats the purpose of the "ignore user" function.

Needless to say, let's end this conversation with this thought:
If you want to Ignore someone, Ignore them.
If not, change nothing. Its that simple.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

im2kull wrote: You're a mod...go do the homework...

He doesn't post with them, but he uses them to see posts from the 26ish people that have him blocked so that he can respond to them.  I sure hope you're not being sarcastic in your post, I would expect more from a global mod.   [-X
Do you know how the ignore feature works? I think you might not.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

shinatoo wrote: Do you know how the ignore feature works? I think you might not.
Ok, You win Shinatoo...I misworded it the first time, unfortunately I was put on the Quiet Chair within 45 seconds of posting that, so it couldn't be fixed untill now.
THINK (ONE) KC.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

There, now everyone gets to read my post.
im2kull wrote: Needless to say, let's end this conversation with this thought:
If you want to Ignore someone, Ignore them.
If not, change nothing. Its that simple.
THINK (ONE) KC.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

im2kull wrote: Ok, You win Shinatoo...I misworded it the first time, unfortunately I was put on the Quiet Chair within 45 seconds of posting that, so it couldn't be fixed untill now.
10-4, just thought you might be confused.

Still, the larger question is, Who the hell has me on ignore?
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

shinatoo wrote: 10-4, just thought you might be confused.

Still, the larger question is, Who the hell has me on ignore?
Yeah, thanks for pointing it out though...deffinately almost forgot about it after my stay on the quiet chair.  I'm still trying to figure that question out myself too...I mean..last week I had One person ignoring me, and now I've got two?  I would expect more, given how much some seem to resent my arguments.  We should give an award for the most ignored member.  You'd figure Chef and Maitre would be close...but its not even close...Chefs at 7 or so, while MD is sitting at 30  :shock:
THINK (ONE) KC.