Why no "New Member Introduction" area?

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Why no "New Member Introduction" area?

Post by im2kull »

Simply put, why?  Every major forum seems to have one, and after a lot of thought I think having one would go a long ways towards making the forum seem more open (To new members, or people interested in joining) and help give newbie's a place to warm themselves to the forum, rather than getting thrashed and mis-understood in threads about things like "the artwork at at bartle hall".  We need to find a solution to help keep us from losing members, and gain new members, and turn around the sour image this forum leaves in many new members mouths...and I think this is one.  Ideas? Suggestions?
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Re: Why no "New Member Introduction" area?

Post by kcdcchef »

i like the present system of cyber-jumping our members in, in a lynching sort of fasion.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

Probably because some of our members have taken to using fake user accounts to post.  So you never know if a newbie is legit or not.
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Maitre D wrote: Probably because some of our members have taken to using fake user accounts to post.   So you never know if a newbie is legit or not.
Yeah, but thats the fun part!  Play along, haha.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
cityscape
New York Life
New York Life

Post by cityscape »

I like that idea.  I'm not sure how effective it would be but at least it shows we care ;)
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

I think this is an exceptional idea.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

staubio wrote: I think this is an exceptional idea.
yeah, because you are the absolute best at making new members feel welcome. good idea staubio, you should spearhead this.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

kcdcchef wrote: yeah, because you are the absolute best at making new members feel welcome. good idea staubio, you should spearhead this.
Was that intended to be sarcastic? I wasn't aware I had a reputation in that regard.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Lets just take it at face value and assume it was a compliment, anyone else have any ideas on wether or not we should consider adding a "New member" area?
THINK (ONE) KC.