Changes?

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Re: Changes?

Post by kcdcchef »

GRID wrote: I know chef, he's not putting on a show for the forum, what you see here is pretty much chef :).

and some of the others you have met?
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

kcdcchef wrote:
and some of the others you have met?
Some people put on a show in real life too ;)
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

kcdcchef wrote: what the fuck are you talking about????? i am totally myself on here. i said some do.
I think your post below was the confusion...I read it as you were one that acted different online as well...
kcdcchef wrote: some people totally act differently here. for instance, some put on a total act/show, dont act like that in person. i myself do. there are several posters who have met me and can verify.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCPowercat wrote: I think your post below was the confusion...I read it as you were one that acted different online as well...
fair enough, i can see that.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: What I love is how if you look at these mod bitching threads over the years - some of the same people that occassionally bitch about undermoderation turn around and at other times bitch about overmoderation.  For Christ's sake, you can't expect that the forum is going to be moderated to exactly match your personal vision for how the place should look and feel. 
Wow...this thread is growing!

Anyways, I hope that wasn't referring to me...as I...have NEVER posted about ANY moderation before.  Only to thank Bahua once for deleting some very personal attacks that I once came across.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Ooo and on another note I absolutely love how great this conversation is going...really...we have like MD, KCP, and others all talking for once...rather than bashing...not to mention that Staubio has jumped in as of late. Also we have great points in that if you are a mod, you should mod, and not feel bad about it...just make informed decisions when you do.  And, ComandanteCero actually posted something worth reading that's non-development related!  This seems like it was actually a well written, thought out, post.....so props go out to you.  I would light you up an E-Cigar if I had one!
ComandanteCero wrote: Clearly this masterful piece of "parody" was unduly smitten before its time.  Had it been given the proper space to grow, it surely would have launched a 50 page thread discussing the merits and quality of the writing, the impressive way in which exaggeration and imagery is used for comic effect, the subtlety of the allusions and merry characterization that is sure to bring a smile to any reader blessed to read it.

Behold!  We have a latter day Swift, a veritable Twain, a Moliere amongst us! 

But as is the case with so many creative luminaries, the work is buried deep, down, where few if any eyes will gaze upon its wit....  down in the sports board phosphorus of a local urban development forum, where its intended audiences surely can't find it  :(

Don't worry "im2kull", one day your effort will be recognized by some diligent scholar, and that future audience will read it in re-prints, and they will appreciate it, and they will laugh, and laugh, and laugh.....

until then, i guess we'll have to make do with stuff like this:

I think that one thing we all seriously need to step back and think about, is the way we write our posts, and the amount of thought we put into it.  I'm quoting ComandanteCero for that exact reason.  His/her post is an excellent example of how you can rebuke, or get your point across without resorting to directly attacking a previous post.  Its also a fairly good example of writing something everyone can understand, and appreciate.  I'm not saying everyone needs to be perfect with spelling or grammar, some things are better left alone, but at times try to use some intelligence in your posts, and try to think about what you say before you actually say it.  Just because this is a forum, doesn't mean we should trash it with our alter ego's.  There's no need to lower ourselves to lesser standards.  That is what I believe to be, the biggest change this forum needs. 

Laymans Terms: USE MORE BRAIN CELLS! (When posting!)

=D>  ](*,)    :puke:
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by Maitre D »

Is that Joe Posnanski in that photo?
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Maitre D wrote: Is that Joe Posnanski in that photo?
I sure hope so
THINK (ONE) KC.