Sports Section of the Forum Sucks Worse Than Search Function

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
anniewarbucks
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Re: Sports Section of the Forum Sucks Worse Than Search Function

Post by anniewarbucks »

GRID wrote: yea, pretty much sums it up.  :(

But there is a city cam at the Adams Dairy shopping center for your enjoyment since they took down the downtown ones!

http://360ideas.com/bluesprings/bluecam.php

Yea I wish they would have left up the downtown ones. The long drive from Topeka just to get my fix of the P&L district is impossible at times.
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant- free message.
However, a significant number of electrons have been inconvenienced.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

KCMax wrote: I guess this is what I see as the decline of the forum. I don't mind honest discussion or debate, but I don't like that some forum members seem to relish the opportunity to argue and look for every opportunity to do so.
be honest with yourself dude, with all the fighting and shit talking, is it as bad as it was in 02-03 on here? there were some bar room brawls on here way back when. even at the heighth of the smack talk in november and again a few weeks ago, is it that bad? is it really that bad? the fights stay within a few threads, and usually just involve some serious smack talk. and the people that it sucks into those threads, only help the forum in most cases, it makes more active posters that go post in other threads, generally contributing.
LenexatoKCMO wrote: Now that our mayor and the economy have completely sucked the life out kansas city development, there really isn't much to talk about besides sports.  Its not much fun to sit around and argue about rail proposals that are destined to go nowhere.  Once P&L and PAC are finished, there won't be any development to talk about at all, at least until the economy bounces back and we have another city election.  
pretty much lenexa. i love my city and almost everything about it, but with the p&l finishing up, the stadiums coming full circle, the pac going full steam ahead, star and bartle done, there really is not too much to talk about. if the economy improves a few of those condo projects may come back, but if these sports threads, raunchy or not, keep the forum going right now. god knows the threads about beer, planes on treadmills, and which news anchor you would like to fuck are not going to keep it going.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

kcdcchef wrote: god knows the threads about beer, planes on treadmills, and which news anchor you would like to fuck are not going to keep it going.
haha

but till the forum figures out what a grocery store is, we have hope!
Maitre D
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

wuh?

Post by Maitre D »

What - are JoeMoney's continual updates of Omaha mansions not interesting to you all?
[img width=472 height=40]http://media.kansascity.com/images/champions_blue.gif[/img]

"For 15 years...KU won every time. There was no rivalry" - Frank Martin
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

GRID wrote: but till the forum figures out what a grocery store is, we have hope!
Actually, I think one of the most civil intelligent discussions we've had in ages came out of that thread. I'd personally like to see more of that.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

bahua wrote: Actually, I think one of the most civil intelligent discussions we've had in ages came out of that thread. I'd personally like to see more of that.
You would see more civil intelligent discussions on here if you weren't such a poo poo, doo doo, stinky head.
KC is the way to be!
eliphar17
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by eliphar17 »

For a couple of years, the main attraction of this board for me was seeing project updates and finding news and rumors about new projects. But with the economy cooling off, and Kansas Citians still not sold on urban living, there won't be much to talk about other than sports for a while.

Side note - I still think that those of you who blame Funk for "sending us back to 1990" (lame) are really missing the bigger picture. If the residents of greater Kansas City don't want to live in the urban core and contribute to a vibrant urban fabric, then it makes no difference who is mayor. Not every city will be like Portland or San Diego or Denver or Chicago, and for now it appears that Kansas City just doesn't have that destiny. You have to win the hearts and minds of the people rather than worrying about how many convention hotels there are or whether the TIF policy is too strict. Why not increase demand from the bottom up rather than forcing supply from the top down? But I guess that discussion doesn't belong in this thread. I'll copy it somewhere else.
stevensj63
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by stevensj63 »

a bit off topic but i can't start a thread.
i read the announcement about needing to post at least 3 messages.
i still can't start a thread? can anyone help?
What does your soul look like?
Click here to take a free Kabballah personality test
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

eliphar17 wrote: For a couple of years, the main attraction of this board for me was seeing project updates and finding news and rumors about new projects. But with the economy cooling off, and Kansas Citians still not sold on urban living,
Huh?  Not sold on urban living?  Downtown sucks now, too many damn people and more moving trucks every day bringing new people in.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

Yeah, I think downtown is on the cusp of surpassing its old glory.
Roanoker
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Roanoker »

stevensj63 wrote: a bit off topic but i can't start a thread.
1. Go to http://forum.kcrag.com/.

2. Click on a board, such as General Discussion, that fits your topic best.

3. Click on "New Topic" in the horizontal list of buttons on the line that starts with "Pages:"

4. Type in a Subject, and treat it as just another post.

Anyone~ please correct anything above that's not right.
“Give up money, give up fame, give up science, give the earth itself and all it contains rather than do an immoral act.” —Thomas Jefferson (1785)
anniewarbucks
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by anniewarbucks »

stevensj63 wrote: a bit off topic but i can't start a thread.
From the number of posts that you have you should be able to start a new topic now.
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant- free message.
However, a significant number of electrons have been inconvenienced.