CYCLISTS WANTED

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
Slappy the Wang
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

CYCLISTS WANTED

Post by Slappy the Wang »

We've done a roll call of rag cyclists, but i'd like to do it again.  I've been gifted with the ability to write and write well for as long as I can remember.  Throughout the past 15 years, I've felt the desire to write something for myself, rather than the typical corporate stuff I do in my career.  Despite feeling the call, the subject of the piece has always eluded me.

I've had about a week off (work) and my passions have finally resurfaced.  Clarity on the topic has finally manifested.  I'd like to do a Spring/Summer continual white paper/fun essay regarding the cycling scene in KC.  I've been a cyclist for only three years, but have discovered some of the most wonderful off-the-wall people (like me) on bikes.  They all have tremendous stories...storied I'd like to chronicle.  I want to meet people, ride like hell, have a great time and culminate my stories in a super essay.  I have no idea what I'll do with it when completed, but that too will be apparent at the conclusion.

So, if you'll allow me to tag along, I'd like to ride with as many rag cyclists as possible in the next 6 to 8 months.  We can tour downtown, have a few beers, explore cool KC locations, etc.  I need to get this monkey off my back (writing somehting for myself) and this is the year to do it.

If you're willing to participate, please let me know!

Thanks!
STW
Be green or go Broke Tryin'
ralfonso
Pad site
Pad site

Re: CYCLISTS WANTED

Post by ralfonso »

I'm in!
Stockton
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Stockton »

Slappy the Wang wrote: We've done a roll call of rag cyclists, but i'd like to do it again.  I've been gifted with the ability to write and write well for as long as I can remember.  Throughout the past 15 years, I've felt the desire to write something for myself, rather than the typical corporate stuff I do in my career.  Despite feeling the call, the subject of the piece has always eluded me.

I've had about a week off (work) and my passions have finally resurfaced.   Clarity on the topic has finally manifested.  I'd like to do a Spring/Summer continual white paper/fun essay regarding the cycling scene in KC.  I've been a cyclist for only three years, but have discovered some of the most wonderful off-the-wall people (like me) on bikes.  They all have tremendous stories...storied I'd like to chronicle.  I want to meet people, ride like hell, have a great time and culminate my stories in a super essay.  I have no idea what I'll do with it when completed, but that too will be apparent at the conclusion.

So, if you'll allow me to tag along, I'd like to ride with as many rag cyclists as possible in the next 6 to 8 months.  We can tour downtown, have a few beers, explore cool KC locations, etc.  I need to get this monkey off my back (writing somehting for myself) and this is the year to do it.

If you're willing to participate, please let me know!

Thanks!
STW
You're drunk!
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Do Fredish, wanabe cyclists count?
Slappy the Wang
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Slappy the Wang »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Do Fredish, wanabe cyclists count?
Yep, you've got a story.  I want to do a piece akin to Studs Turkel's work in the book "working."  Different people, different walks of life and experiences, but tied to a common bond of a bike.
Be green or go Broke Tryin'
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

yes plz
rosedalian
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by rosedalian »

I'm a commuter most every day on my bike, as well as getting around town...keep your eye out for alleycats, those are the most fun.

there is also the bike picnic this weekend...

http://www.acmebicyclecompany.com/picnic.htm