More Anti-mod Angst

Announcements about the forum as well as comments, questions, ideas for the forum or the website in general.
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower
Posts: 5725
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 6:48 am
Location: Northland (Parkville)

Re: More Anti-mod Angst

Post by nota » Sat May 05, 2007 5:58 am

Roanoker wrote: What I posted last August (http://forum.kcrag.com/index.php/topic, ... #msg174772) is still true.
I notice that it got no acknowledgement from any PTB either. And it was a really nice post. A little smiley or something from those who it was addressed to would have made it complete. Seems like only the negative gets addressed sometimes.

That said, how can I easily find the renamed part of a split thread? I found this one by accident. It would help if the "topic has been split" message would provide a link or name.
Me too. That used to happen, but of late, it seems that anyone who splits off a thread would rather put up some kind of nasty comment as their title rather than helpfully guide posters to where it went.

User avatar
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5627
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:37 pm
Location: Kingdom of Waldo

Re: More Anti-mod Angst

Post by kard » Sat May 05, 2007 9:01 am

Roanoker wrote:That said, how can I easily find the renamed part of a split thread? I found this one by accident. It would help if the "topic has been split" message would provide a link or name.
That's a good point.  We'll try to be better about that...figure out a good way to direct folks to the new thread.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

User avatar
Roanoker
Penntower
Penntower
Posts: 2083
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:16 pm
Location: Kansas City, MO

Re: More Anti-mod Angst

Post by Roanoker » Sat May 05, 2007 10:26 am

Kard wrote: That's a good point.  We'll try to be better about that...figure out a good way to direct folks to the new thread.
Thanks, Kard. Valuable insight can be gained from reading the more impassioned posts, frequently found on the "splits."
“If we suffer [our children’s] minds to grovel and creep in infancy, they will grovel all their lives.” —John Adams (1756)

User avatar
bahua
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 10862
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 7:39 pm
Location: Out of Town
Contact:

Re: More Anti-mod Angst

Post by bahua » Sat May 05, 2007 10:38 am

Roanoker wrote:That said, how can I easily find the renamed part of a split thread? I found this one by accident. It would help if the "topic has been split" message would provide a link or name.
You can keep track of any thread with which you are associated by clicking on the "Show new replies to your posts." link at the top of every single page. Except when I'm posting new topics, this is the only way I navigate this forum. When the list for that is empty, I click the link above it("Show unread posts since last visit."), to check for new and interesting threads. If a thread you were involved with got split off, it will still show up there. I think using the rooms and categories to find individual threads is a crapshoot, and I gave it up a long time ago. I recommend everyone else do the same.

User avatar
Thrillcekr
Penntower
Penntower
Posts: 2161
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:14 am
Location: Kansas City, Mo
Contact:

Re: More Anti-mod Angst

Post by Thrillcekr » Sat May 05, 2007 1:40 pm

Believe me Bahua, humiliating you and pissing you off for acting like an asshole wasn't the least bit embarrassing to me.  I rather enjoyed it.  I guess somebody needs to stroke your ego though so you don't feel like a total loser.  Since no one else volunteered, I guess it had to be you.  I'd have no reason to be embarrassed myself about a slightly heated, yet fairly civil, debate with chrizow and staubio that you turned into a flame war.  Your comment offered absolutely nothing to the debate and it's clear intent was as an insult.  That's the way I interpreted it and the way just about everybody else did.  Including your fellow moderators.  Then, you hypocritically accused myself of immaturity and blah, blah, blah.  Talk about having a breakdown.  You were the one who should have been embarrassed but didn't have the mental acuteness to recognize your own foolishness or the cajones it would take to admit it. 

Chef, you're correct.  There's a double standard here and has been for the longest.  The rules here only apply to those outside of the mod click and that's the way things are.  I accept it and move on because, in the grand scheme of things, it's really not that big of a deal.  Who cares?  New members might be put off by it but the rest of us should all be used to it by now.  Probably how you should view it also since expecting that this sort of behavior will ever change on this forum is completely unrealistic.  We've all been over this, and disagreed over it, a million times already so there's not really any point in rehashing this whole thing again is there?

Don't worry about whether he got the last word in.  I didn't.  He made sure I couldn't reply and I took that as a compliment.  It was the same as owning up to the fact that he couldn't finish what he started.  If he wants to get his ass kicked and proclaim victory I have no problem at all with that.  He just showed that, he's at least as immature as he accused me of being and continues to show it by carrying on with it long after the smoke has cleared.  It won't change the facts and nobody outside of himself will really give a crap.  Life will go on.  Nuff said.
Last edited by Thrillcekr on Sat May 05, 2007 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mean
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 10830
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:00 am
Location: Historic Northeast

Re: More Anti-mod Angst

Post by mean » Sat May 05, 2007 2:05 pm

Thrillcekr wrote: Believe me Bahua, humiliating you and pissing you off for acting like an asshole wasn't the least bit embarrassing to me.
:lol:

Yeah, bahua was so mad! You should have heard him, laughing in bemused awe at your ridiculous raving. You sure showed him!
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin

User avatar
Thrillcekr
Penntower
Penntower
Posts: 2161
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:14 am
Location: Kansas City, Mo
Contact:

Re: More Anti-mod Angst

Post by Thrillcekr » Sat May 05, 2007 2:46 pm

mean wrote: :lol:

Yeah, bahua was so mad! You should have heard him, laughing in bemused awe at your ridiculous raving. You sure showed him!
I'm sure you were there sitting in his lap when it took place to know his reaction too.  Come on man, that's so goofy.  You don't need to hold his hand just because you two play Dungeons and Dragons together.

I guess I know for sure about as much as he knew whether or not I was "embarrassed" or by using melodramaticism to feed his own monstrous ego while spinning tales of a non-existant "emotional breakdown".  Insecurity at it's finest on his part. Worried sick that his cronies might think I broke him down.  Hahahaha!

kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair
Posts: 8804
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:48 pm
Location: pittsburgh, pennsylvania

Re: More Anti-mod Angst

Post by kcdcchef » Sat May 05, 2007 2:56 pm

since they decided to be adults and take me out of the quiet chair, for speaking the truth no less, allow me to weigh on what thrill is saying............

what the other long time posters are thinking.

you take away one very specific segment of this forum, and we all know who those 15 or so posters are, and the other long timers are thinking what thrill is saying.

if i am wrong, then how come nota, akp, stl_dan, GRID, kcn, kcoek, and a whole slew of others fail to even post anymore, and when they do it is a drive by post??

truth hurts the clique, no doubt about that.
bahua wrote: I was fully aware of the fact that it was locked when I posted my final word. Thrill embarrassed the crap out of himself with his meltdown. 
then just be an adult and dont say anything about it. when you say something and then lock it, that is being a coward. allow the specific poster to respond to your pettiness. you robbed that from thrill, and showed yourself a coward on the matter. on an anonymous internet forum no less. sad.

and he embarassed you, not himself.
bahua wrote: .

As always, feel free to leave if you don't like it. Nobody's forcing you to stay. Really. A choice. You have it.
typical. always saying that. hey dude, i have thanked you for hosting this forum, damn nice of you. i have no intention of leaving. if you choose to ban me, then do so and quit quiet chairing me over speaking the truth. if not, i intend in full to stay and have a good time exposing your hypocracy. but if not, cowboy up.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower
Posts: 5725
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 6:48 am
Location: Northland (Parkville)

Re: More Anti-mod Angst

Post by nota » Sat May 05, 2007 3:19 pm

mean wrote: :lol:

Yeah, bahua was so mad! You should have heard him, laughing in bemused awe at your ridiculous raving. You sure showed him!
You see what I mean??  You let Thrill bait you into acting in an unmoderator manner with a totally unnecessary post.

User avatar
anniewarbucks
Broadway Square
Broadway Square
Posts: 2812
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:39 pm
Location: Topeka, Kansas 66605
Contact:

Re: More Anti-mod Angst

Post by anniewarbucks » Sat May 05, 2007 3:38 pm

I myself do not see why good posters such as kcdcchef and I, when we stray from the civil to the flame wars are not pm'd saying to cool it rather than to be placed in the quiet chair without any warning. I was in the quiet chair for 1/2 a year with no way to find out how to get back active. luckily I had to rattle Bahua on My Space to get reactivated. The quiet chair should only be used as a last resort and reactivation instructions and length of punishment sent to the persons Email.
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant- free message.
However, a significant number of electrons have been inconvenienced.

User avatar
KCK
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Posts: 3561
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:40 am
Location: Kansas City, Kansas
Contact:

Re: More Anti-mod Angst

Post by KCK » Sat May 05, 2007 3:43 pm

Are there mods in this forum? I have never had any of my posts censored, and I use inflammatory language all the time. I guess you will also notice that I have been avoiding the forum due to the fact that it has lost its focus and turned into a political cesspool. There are plenty of politics forums elsewhere, this is a KC forum.
New Body, New Job, New SOUL!!!!

KCK IS BACK!!!!

User avatar
Thrillcekr
Penntower
Penntower
Posts: 2161
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:14 am
Location: Kansas City, Mo
Contact:

Re: More Anti-mod Angst

Post by Thrillcekr » Sat May 05, 2007 3:44 pm

nota wrote: You see what I mean??  You let Thrill bait you into acting in an unmoderator manner with a totally unnecessary post.
Actually, I didn't bait him.  At least that wasn't my intent.  I don't really pay much attention one way or another to Mean most of the time so I have no reason to intentionally aggravate him.  The post didn't add to the discussion though for sure.  I'm guilty of the same at times so I will not pass judgement on him for that.  At least he didn't whine about me being immature after previously committing the same injustice he accused me of.  When mods launch unprovoked attacks on other members and then attempt to counsel or chastise them over bad behavior for letting them have it then that's where things start getting a bit stupid.

I'm not against having a cleaner forum.  However, it's a completely unrealistic expectation when some of the folks in charge are responsible for a very sizeable portion of the flame wars on here.  Set the example you want people to follow and stick to it.  If a mod isn't doing that then they should be asked to relinquish their responsibilities to someone that can better handle it.  I don't ever see that happening no matter how bad things may get.  Clearly it's not about job performance but about who your friends are.  Not that there aren't some mods on here doing a good job but there are some that are definitely not worthy of their position and dilute the quality of this forum. 

Anyway, I'm bored with this topic already.  Apparently we're suffering from a severe lack of anything new and interesting to discuss on this board.  All the bickering and such on the part of us all provides concrete evidence of this fact.  Somebody message me and let me know when we actually have something newsworthy to discuss on here.
Last edited by Thrillcekr on Sat May 05, 2007 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair
Posts: 8804
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:48 pm
Location: pittsburgh, pennsylvania

Re: More Anti-mod Angst

Post by kcdcchef » Sat May 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Thrillcekr wrote: Actually, I didn't bait him.  At least that wasn't my intent.  I don't really pay much attention one way or another to Mean most of the time so I have no reason to intentionally aggravate him.  The post didn't add to the discussion though for sure.  I'm guilty of the same at times so I will not pass judgement on him for that.  At least he didn't whine about me being immature after previously committing the same injustice he accused me of.  When mods launch unprovoked attacks on other members and then attempt to counsel or chastise them over bad behavior for letting them have it then that's where things start getting a bit stupid.

I'm not against having a cleaner forum.  However, it's a completely unrealistic expectation when some of the folks in charge are responsible for a very sizeable portion of the flame wars on here.  Set the example you want people to follow and stick to it.  If a mod isn't doing that then they should be asked to relinquish their responsibilities to someone that can better handle it.  I don't ever see that happening no matter how bad things may get.  Clearly it's not about job performance but about who your friends are.  Not that there aren't some mods on here doing a good job but there are some that are definitely not worthy of their position and dilute the quality of this forum. 

Anyway, I'm bored with this topic already.  Apparently we're suffering from a severe lack of anything new and interesting to discuss on this board.  All the bickering and such on the part of us all provides concrete evidence of this fact.  Somebody message me and let me know when we actually have something newsworthy to discuss on here.
perhaps if we were really responsible posters and as adultlike as the clique, we could use one of those lame tags they now have that only like 20 or so posters ( mainly mods ) have access too.

but yet another example of running this thing like a good ole boy network.
anniewarbucks wrote: I myself do not see why good posters such as kcdcchef and I, when we stray from the civil to the flame wars are not pm'd saying to cool it rather than to be placed in the quiet chair without any warning. I was in the quiet chair for 1/2 a year with no way to find out how to get back active. luckily I had to rattle Bahua on My Space to get reactivated. The quiet chair should only be used as a last resort and reactivation instructions and length of punishment sent to the persons Email.
dont put me in with that shit. you used racial slurs, repeatedly, in the worst post i ever read on here. next to the one explaining the banning of michael, who, presently has over 20 usernames on here i know of.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

mean
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 10830
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:00 am
Location: Historic Northeast

Re: More Anti-mod Angst

Post by mean » Sat May 05, 2007 5:16 pm

nota wrote: You see what I mean??  You let Thrill bait you into acting in an unmoderator manner with a totally unnecessary post.
How is it acting unmoderatorly to tell the truth?
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin

mean
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 10830
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:00 am
Location: Historic Northeast

Re: More Anti-mod Angst

Post by mean » Sat May 05, 2007 5:22 pm

kcdcchef wrote: since they decided to be adults and take me out of the quiet chair, for speaking the truth no less, allow me to weigh on what thrill is saying.
If it was your intention to willfully destroy nota's attempt at productive, constructive criticism of the way this place is moderated, you were doing a fine job; I felt compelled to stop you. If you think that is "childish" then suit yourself.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin

kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair
Posts: 8804
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:48 pm
Location: pittsburgh, pennsylvania

Re: More Anti-mod Angst

Post by kcdcchef » Sat May 05, 2007 5:49 pm

mean wrote: If it was your intention to willfully destroy nota's attempt at productive, constructive criticism of the way this place is moderated, you were doing a fine job; I felt compelled to stop you. If you think that is "childish" then suit yourself.
it is what you always do when called out on here. feel the need to stop someone that is finishing something one of your co mod's started. you seem to have a real problem understanding a rather elementary concept, you guys don't live by the rules you propound.

i am sure i shouldn't keep telling the truth, you will just put me back in the quiet chair.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

mean
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 10830
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:00 am
Location: Historic Northeast

Re: More Anti-mod Angst

Post by mean » Sat May 05, 2007 6:00 pm

It had nothing to do with any "calling out" and everything to do with your inability to refrain from posting insults to mods in a thread that explicitly said do not post insults. At that point you're not being Johnny Rebel, you're being Dennis the Menace. Did you really think I wasn't going to quiet chair anybody who did what they were specifically asked not to do? And does it surprise you that you're the only person who did it anyway?

Believe what you want, I'm just telling you how it is.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin

User avatar
anniewarbucks
Broadway Square
Broadway Square
Posts: 2812
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:39 pm
Location: Topeka, Kansas 66605
Contact:

Re: More Anti-mod Angst

Post by anniewarbucks » Sat May 05, 2007 8:22 pm

kcdcchef wrote:

dont put me in with that shit. you used racial slurs, repeatedly, in the worst post i ever read on here. next to the one explaining the banning of michael, who, presently has over 20 usernames on here i know of.
But I Did my time and became a better person because of it.
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant- free message.
However, a significant number of electrons have been inconvenienced.

kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair
Posts: 8804
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:48 pm
Location: pittsburgh, pennsylvania

Re: More Anti-mod Angst

Post by kcdcchef » Sat May 05, 2007 8:45 pm

mean wrote: It had nothing to do with any "calling out" and everything to do with your inability to refrain from posting insults to mods in a thread that explicitly said do not post insults. At that point you're not being Johnny Rebel, you're being Dennis the Menace. Did you really think I wasn't going to quiet chair anybody who did what they were specifically asked not to do? And does it surprise you that you're the only person who did it anyway?

Believe what you want, I'm just telling you how it is.
again, if i engage in this with you and speak how so many others feel, you will just ban me again. you seem to have some sort of orgasmic rush by putting people in the quiet chair repeatedly.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

mean
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 10830
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:00 am
Location: Historic Northeast

Re: More Anti-mod Angst

Post by mean » Sat May 05, 2007 9:48 pm

That is absolutely ridiculous. You're not going to bait me into sitting you in timeout just for having an opinion, even if it is insulting and abjectly false.
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin

Post Reply