KC in TV and Movies

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
WSPanic
Supporter

Re: KC in TV and Movies

Post by WSPanic »

Was hoping this was somehow independent of Aramark.

Stadium concessions could be a great revenue generator for this team with all of the fans showing up these days. Too bad they choose to farm it out to the lowest bidder.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I am assuming it will be this, he has a royals shirt in the pic
http://andrewzimmernscanteen.com/
joshmv
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by joshmv »

brewcrew1000 wrote:I am assuming it will be this, he has a royals shirt in the pic
http://andrewzimmernscanteen.com/
If you go to the instagram page it says:

"azcanteen An Andrew Zimmern food truck. Kauffman Stadium, MO & Target Field, MN. Restaurant on order."
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Short segment about a family moving to Kansas City on last weekend's "APM Marketplace Weekend". Cost of Living was a noted Factor.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

HGTV filming in Penn Valley Dog Park. From PV Dog Park email...
An HGTV production will be filming from 3-5 p.m. on Tuesday, June 16 from 3-5 p.m. at the PVP Dog Park.

It is a production called Tiny House and they will be bringing in the house, towed by a truck, and park it by the dog park (not in the grass) and have the owners play with their dog in the off leash park.

They will also be using a drone but if it bothers other dogs they will shut it down.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

So we toured the old Work House on Vine yesterday with Historic KC. As we were passing the Jazz Museum on the way to Grinders afterward, we saw a small group of folks taking pictures and I said, "That guy looks like Charlie Watts"

https://twitter.com/binksbuddie/status/ ... 9521883136
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

I was in Columbus Park yesterday and saw a van painted completely in brown fur with this URL on it - http://bigfurmovie.com/

I have no idea what the connection is to KC,

Good story, I know.
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

I thought Big Fur was a burlesque dancer?
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

Nice to see FOX continue to show the P&L District after the World Cup Final. It's like they knew KC was "the" spot for watch parties.
KC is the way to be!
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

WSPanic wrote:I was in Columbus Park yesterday and saw a van painted completely in brown fur with this URL on it - http://bigfurmovie.com/

Good story, I know.
Made on 5th St.! Kind of. No burlesque or female fur, except on Patty, a shadow hominid.

I filmed my last frame last week and we are in post production. Sign up on the website for updates. Planning a theatrical release next spring. Stay tuned!
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Worlds of Fun KC featured on Episode 443 of "This American Life" the number 2 podcast on iTunes.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

In the "Last Week Tonight" episode about Sex-Ed, Phil Witt was featured in a clip pointing out how awkward it is to discuss sex on TV.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

KC featured in the new Drop Box commercial, "An Empty Lot"
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

taxi wrote:
WSPanic wrote:I was in Columbus Park yesterday and saw a van painted completely in brown fur with this URL on it - http://bigfurmovie.com/

Good story, I know.
Made on 5th St.! Kind of. No burlesque or female fur, except on Patty, a shadow hominid.

I filmed my last frame last week and we are in post production. Sign up on the website for updates. Planning a theatrical release next spring. Stay tuned!
For those who are interested, a Kickstarter campaign for Big Fur has just started.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

Can't not support this on so many levels.
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

grovester wrote:Can't not support this on so many levels.
I will take that as a compliment, thanks!
Could certainly use support, but also a little help. Please share the link with your indy film, doc, taxidermy and/or Bigfoot-loving friends (and enemies).
http://kck.st/20N7xBL
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

Hey folks, we are down to 10 days left on our campaign. Please help a local filmmaker out and consider a contribution and please share the link... the more people we reach, the more likely we'll meet our goal. Post it on Facebook, Tweet it, eat it, email it.

http://kck.st/20N7xBL

Kickstarter stats show that people are more likely to back popular projects that they think will succeed in reaching their goal. Getting to 60% as soon as possible will increase our chances significantly, so if you were thinking about contributing, now is definitely the time. This is an all-or-nothing deal. If we don't reach our goal, no one gets charged.

And please note: local, successful independent documentary features have a huge economic impact on local development. More so than touristy frou-frou type things, whatever those are. Just look what Michael Moore did for Flint, Michigan!

Thanks, KCRaggers!
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

Last week's episode of "Fargo" began with a scene in a fictional Kansas City high-rise. Rather than toss up any generic city skyline or use a current photo, they did a pretty good job assembling what the view out of that fictitious window might have looked like in 1979.

(I think you'd have to be sitting on about the 15th floor of a tower located in Mulkey Square Park to get a similar view.)
JBmidtown
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by JBmidtown »

scooterj wrote:Last week's episode of "Fargo" began with a scene in a fictional Kansas City high-rise. Rather than toss up any generic city skyline or use a current photo, they did a pretty good job assembling what the view out of that fictitious window might have looked like in 1979.

(I think you'd have to be sitting on about the 15th floor of a tower located in Mulkey Square Park to get a similar view.)
But it says Minnesota...
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

The Kansas City mob is trying to take over a local Minnesota mob. It's a good battle so far.