Post by joshmv »

"E! Greenlights Dating Competition Series With NFL Star Travis Kelce"

http://deadline.com/2016/01/e-orders-da ... 201692270/
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: KC in TV and Movies

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

I am a sucker for 50's sci-fi. Watching a movie called The Forbidden Plant. Looks like it wasn't a cheap one, it has good Hollywood production values in it. Anyway the cook for the spaceship crew has Robbie the Robot make him up a big supply of booze. When the cook tastes it he says that is like some good Kansas City bourbon. Now what would be a good Kansas City bourbon? The only thing that might come to mind is McCormick. Any other come to mind?
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

I'm gonna say Rieger.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

The Rieger Distillery was in the West Bottoms at 1512-29 Genessee, where those new apartments are built across from the Stockyards Exchange Building. Before Prohibition, J. Rieger was the largest wholesale mail-order whiskey distributor in the country.

http://www.squeezeboxcity.com/whiskey-k ... istillery/

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.09555,- ... 312!8i6656

This shows the former Rieger distillery buildings on the east side of that block. The whiskey was sold under the Rieger brand, but at one time the distillery was called "Old Pioneer Distilling Company." That was probably the umbrella company name since the Riegers sold 100 different types of alcoholic beverages including gins, wines, rums, cordials, bitters, and brandies.

kucer
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by kucer »

Michael Symon's "Burgers, Brew & 'Que" featured Celina Tio's The Belfry last night.

Earlier episode he was at Slap's BBQ...which was mouth watering.

Food Network
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Valentine of Ronnie and Nancy at 1976 GOP convention on cover of Time magazine, with another 2 page photo of couple at same Kemper arena event.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

"Gotham" show a manhatanesque skyline fantisized and altered, often with buildings or similars that are in other cities. I keep seeing a doppelanger for KC city hall but elongated to something twice as high. Does anyone know if NY has a bldng very similar to the neoclasic streamlined moderne KC city hall?
Unknown JimmyD
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Unknown JimmyD »

harbinger911 wrote:On tonights new episode "Nali Ha'i" of "Better Call Saul" (AMC) Saul's girlfriend "Kim Wexler" (Rhea Seehorn) was wearing a KC Royals jersey and underwear. #hotttttttttt

(Time Warner Cable channel 42, it reruns again late at 1:39am)
her hotness jumped to 11 when i saw her in that. so unexpected.

not that it matters, but i think the episode was called "bali ha'i."
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I think Saul is so great, i actually want them to make a show Post Breaking Bad, it will be about Saul managing the Cinnabon and maybe they can work him into getting out of it and back into the law game like in Canada or something. They could follow up with Walt Jr, Skyler and Marie,
Unknown JimmyD
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Unknown JimmyD »

brewcrew1000 wrote:I think Saul is so great, i actually want them to make a show Post Breaking Bad, it will be about Saul managing the Cinnabon and maybe they can work him into getting out of it and back into the law game like in Canada or something. They could follow up with Walt Jr, Skyler and Marie,
i think i remember reading somewhere that their overarching plans for the show would take place before, during, and after the time period of breaking bad. now, whether that means we'll get full episodes/seasons dedicated to the post breaking bad time where he's at cinnabon in omaha, or if it's just a technicality and those black and white cold opens where we see him at cinnabon are all they mean by the latter... well, that remains to be seen.
WinchesterMysteryHouse
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by WinchesterMysteryHouse »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWDvlekoPkg&app=desktop ...this thread title is lacking Videos. Probably because its a too contemporary medium. It suits KC just fine. Artists, move to Brooklyn to be heard and your friends back home will still work for free... just not for the length of a feature-film.
Downtowner
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Downtowner »

There's a news story out that Morgan Freeman is moving to KC?! Said he loves the people and bbq. If so, couldn't be a better add for the community
JLowe2018
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by JLowe2018 »

^I don't know...are we sure this isn't just a fake click-bate news article? For example, I saw one that said a new Harry Potter movie was going to be filmed in town. It claimed that the Quiditch World Cup was going to be hosted in Kansas City and all original cast members were coming to town. It had me fooled till I did a Google check. :roll: :lol:
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

I've seen one of those click-bait articles that said Matthew McConaughey was moving to Kansas.
missingkc
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by missingkc »

KC skyline in Dodge Charger commercial.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

http://www.npr.org/rss/podcast.php?id=510289
Kansas City's border wars was the feature of Planet Money's new podcast.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

In Disney Animation Volume 4 on netflix. Search tortoise and the hare to find it, there are other classics like Paul Bunyan. There is a cartoon on it called the Saga of Windwagon Smith and it shows Kansas City by the name of Westport. It's like 52 minutes in but most of the cartoons are fun to watch.
Last edited by brewcrew1000 on Sat May 14, 2016 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

brewcrew1000 wrote:In Disney Animation Volume 4 on netflix. There is a cartoon on it called the Saga of Windwagon Smith and it shows Kansas City by the name of Westport.
Not finding it.
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chingon »

brewcrew1000 wrote:In Disney Animation Volume 4 on netflix. There is a cartoon on it called the Saga of Windwagon Smith and it shows Kansas City by the name of Westport.
John Wornall actually sailed one in Westport. More famous (at least in my circles) is the Oskaloosa miller who sailed to just outside Fort Collins Colorado.
Last edited by chingon on Sat May 14, 2016 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.