Eat In KC .com - Fun new website for KC Locals (and surrounding areas)

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
itslou
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Eat In KC .com - Fun new website for KC Locals (and surrounding areas)

Post by itslou »

Hi!

I'm Lou, a USN Veteran who recently moved back home to KC.

Over the past year or so of being back, the company I worked for (based out of FL) crashed and burned, so while job hunting and doing some networking, I started a few projects.

Eat In KC .com is my own project, it is intended to help connect our residents with a free, fun social experience - without any pesky data mining or alike. In fact, all it requires to sign up is a valid email address.

The website's region is intended to be everything within 30 minutes of the 435 loop, I figure that more or less covers us KC locals!

The website has forums, user groups, private messages with friends, a feature rich directory of places to eat where members can add listings and reviews - it also has a cool event board where members can post events and see what's coming up.

Privacy is a big feature here, even beyond your own personal information not being taken, you can make your own profile less public, create private members groups that are 'hidden' and have a forum and events which work as such! Like other social networks you can make public groups, invite only groups and whatever else! This lets us all have someplace safe and fun to connect and be a community :)

I want this to be organic, not manufactured, so I need the help of the community to make it great! You can help by making an account, adding directory listings and inviting friends to do just the same and also flesh out the community! I need people to USE this website in order for it to be USEful!

If I had every eatery listed in the area, I'd be so happy! I'd perhaps go broke paying the internet bill for the server, but meh, I'd be so happy!

I'm living on debt, looking for options and working out life as it goes. I'm not trying to beg for money as I'm paying some bills with Uber for the moment and applied to the NKC school district to be a Custodian, as a friend works there and recommended it - honestly it sounds pretty nice and has a pension so my fishing at Smithville is there long term.. Just wanting to see how this goes and hopeful that the community will embrace something made for them, without trying to take advantage of them.

Anyhow, before I get this post to 3 pages of blabbering on about my life and whatever, I'll hit submit and thank you for reading, I hope to see you on the site! Please also post feedback and questions - I'll keep an eye on this thread :)

https://www.eatinkc.com/

https://fb.me/eatinkccom

https://twitter.com/EatInKC

- Lou
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: Eat In KC .com - Fun new website for KC Locals (and surrounding areas)

Post by normalthings »

Sounds cool. Will take a look
itslou
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Re: Eat In KC .com - Fun new website for KC Locals (and surrounding areas)

Post by itslou »

Cool, thanks!

What would be nice is to get every eatery in the city to sign up and make their profile in the directory. I had looked online to find an excel file or alike that has a list of contacts, but no luck.

If anyone has ideas on how to help get this project moving - or improvements that should be made, I'm all ears!