Eclipse

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
JBmidtown
Colonnade
Colonnade

Re: Eclipse

Post by JBmidtown »

Why would antifa attack a Jesse James memorial?
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

We were at Smithville Lake. Had good views off and on until about 5 minutes before and the clouds moved in thick.

Got dark but no views of the sun during.
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
herrfrank
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by herrfrank »

Our group of four had two plans. Plan A was to head north toward Excelsior Springs, but with the rain and the winds from the southwest, we switched to Plan B. Headed east on old US 40, monitoring the cloud cover as it cleared from the southwest following the rain. Chose to watch from Odessa MO rather than driving further north towards the clouds at Lexington MO -- slightly shorter totality, but clearer skies. The KC area really lucked out with that three-hour window of blue skies from about 11:30am until 2:30pm -- the skies have darkened again now at 3:00pm

Odessa painted a dramatic scene. Two minutes of complete darkness. Birds behaving strangely. Then, suddenly, daybreak.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

I was in Odessa, out by a water tower, nobody around. It was awesome. Folks and kids went down to Booneville. Overcast.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

i captured totality bathing the crossroads in darkness: https://twitter.com/KCCrossroads/status ... 1569135617
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

i was in defiance, mo in wino country. it was like dusk but the clouds were illuminated in a 360 degree radius, stars came out. drunk people screaming at the totality.