Missouri's new voter ID law is in effect for August 8, 2017 election

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Missouri's new voter ID law is in effect for August 8, 2017 election

Post by DaveKCMO »

http://www.sos.mo.gov/showit2vote
Missouri’s new photo voter ID law (HB 1631), effective on June 1, 2017, outlines identification options for registered Missouri voters to use on Election Day at their polling location.

Most Missourians have a Missouri Driver's License or Nondriver License, which is an acceptable photo ID for voting. There are also plenty of other options, too.

• Option 1: Provide a Missouri issued Driver or Non-Driver license, U.S. Passport, or Military ID

• Option 2: Provide a secondary form of identification, such as a paycheck or bank statement and sign a statement confirming their identity

• Option 3: If the voter has no form of identification, but is a registered voter, they may cast a provisional ballot

Missouri’s photo voter ID law also requires the state of Missouri to assist voters who might not have a photo ID with the process of obtaining one free Missouri non-driver license for the purpose of voting.
WSPanic
Supporter

Re: Missouri's new voter ID law is in effect for August 8, 2017 election

Post by WSPanic »

Maybe I'm wrong, but this seemed like a big fail at my 37th/Main polling place. They displayed the correct sign: https://www.kceb.org/useruploads/8817/A ... eIDs_1.pdf

But, when I presented my valid voter registration card, she pointed at the sign and said Photo ID was required. I asked about "Option 2" and she pointed at an Election Board phone number and said to call if I had an issue. She refused to let me vote without presenting a photo ID. Which I don't believe is the new law. Like I said - maybe I'm wrong. I'm happy these people are volunteering to help and I'm not there to protest. I have a photo ID - so I just used it.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Re: Missouri's new voter ID law is in effect for August 8, 2017 election

Post by DaveKCMO »

i had the same problem in NOVEMBER.