India hits KC

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: India hits KC

Post by earthling »

This is specific to KCMO, not metro...
Kansas City, MO is home to a population of 481,360 people, from which 95.4% are citizens. The ethnic composition of the population of Kansas City, MO is composed of 267,547 White residents (55.6%), 134,944 Black residents (28%), 52,230 Hispanic residents (10.9%), 14,303 Asian residents (2.97%), and 10,330 Two+ residents (2.15%). The most common foreign languages in Kansas City, MO are Spanish (30,057 speakers), African Languages (4,123 speakers), and Vietnamese (3,254 speakers), but compared to other places, Kansas City, MO has a relative high number of African Languages (4,123 speakers), Vietnamese (3,254 speakers), and Urdu (816 speakers).

When compared to other census places, Kansas City, MO has a relatively high number of residents that are native African Languages speakers. In 2015, there were 4,123 native African Languages speakers living in Kansas City, MO, approximately 2.38 times more than would be expected based on the language's frequency in the US more broadly.
Non-English Speakers

MOST COMMON LANGUAGES
1. Spanish
2. African Languages
3. Vietnamese
RELATIVELY HIGH LANGUAGES
1. African Languages
2. Vietnamese
3. Urdu
https://datausa.io/profile/geo/kansas-c ... itizenship
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

KCK...
Kansas City, KS is home to a population of 149,755 people, from which 86.5% are citizens. The ethnic composition of the population of Kansas City, KS is composed of 58,329 White residents (38.9%), 43,727 Hispanic residents (29.2%), 36,733 Black residents (24.5%), 5,751 Asian residents (3.84%), and 4,016 Two+ residents (2.68%). The most common foreign languages in Kansas City, KS are Spanish (30,607 speakers), Other Asian (1,231 speakers), and Hmong (945 speakers), but compared to other places, Kansas City, KS has a relative high number of Hmong (945 speakers), Serbo-Croatian (352 speakers), and Laotian (191 speakers).

MOST COMMON LANGUAGES
1. Spanish
2. Other Asian
3. Hmong
RELATIVELY HIGH LANGUAGES
1. Hmong
2. Serbo-Croatian
3. Laotian

36,795 of Kansas City, KS citizens are speakers of a non-English language, which is higher than the national average of 21.1%. In 2015, the most common non-English language spoken in Kansas City, KS was Spanish. 20.4% of the overall population of Kansas City, KS are native Spanish speakers. 0.82% speak Other Asian and 0.63% speak Hmong, the next two most common languages.
https://datausa.io/profile/geo/kansas-c ... itizenship
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

bobbyhawks wrote:So, I'll be the first to distill a culture down to its food. Where are the good Indian restaurants? Perhaps I live too far from the deep burbs where there are higher concentrations of people of Asian background. Chai Shai has good food that is considered Pakistani, but I've only had what I consider run of the mill Indian in the River through Waldo corridor.
I recently became aware of and tried the lunch buffet at Rajmahal in Olathe on Clairborne Rd. It occupies a space in the strip mall across the street from Chapala - a few doors down from the Gringo's Mexican restaurant that was there for decades before closing it's doors a few years ago.

My spelling could be off here, but the highlights for me were the Tanduro chicken, mango chutney and pickled onions.I tried several other dishes and was not disappointed. Of course, the long grain rice was excellent. Can't wait to go again.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Wonder if this will affect Indian students attending UMKC or just general immigration to KC from India. I believe this is the 2nd intercity homicide of an Indian Student plus the hate crime in Olathe
https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/edit ... 83300.html