Amazon same day delivery in KC

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Amazon same day delivery in KC

Post by earthling »

Amazon is doing same day delivery in several markets, some where they have a fulfillment center. KC has a fulfillment center (in Lenexa - Denver and STL don't have one) but not same day delivery yet. Can increase the chances of them starting up in KC if you search your zipcode here..

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... y+delivery

Amazon fulfillment centers...
http://www.amazonfulfillmentcareers.com ... locations/
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Re: Amazon same day delivery in KC

Post by FangKC »

I'm surprised that the Houston, Miami, Detroit and Minneapolis metros don't have same-day delivery yet.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Yeah, you'd think they'd eventually rollout same day delivery to any market that has a fulfillment center. They also have 1-2 hour delivery in a few markets but not very many items.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

earthling wrote:Yeah, you'd think they'd eventually rollout same day delivery to any market that has a fulfillment center. They also have 1-2 hour delivery in a few markets but not very many items.
It probably has to do with access times to the rest of the city.

KC is easy to do same day because of a lack of traffic most of the day. At 1pm you can send a truck anywhere in the city within 30 minutes. Or for a later same day delivery, wait until 6 and there's no problem going most places.

Houston was the first city where I got on a freeway *into* downtown at rush hour and couldn't get above 20mph, with 5 lanes each way. And I bet they've rolled out the service to cities with specific access times due to traffic levels or density based on their warehouse location.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Sorry to go off topic but I'm finding Amazon to be vastly overpriced now and Prime is a huge scam. Take this deodorant for example, on this site its 6 bucks with free shipping over 35 and if you find promo codes you can get it for even cheaper, the amazon price is 8.80 with free shipping over 35 bucks or free if prime, the link below does show a non-prime deodorant for 5.50 but does not include free shipping at all, and the shipping comes to like 25 bucks if you order 35 bucks worth

http://www.pharmaca.com/every-man-jack- ... arwood-3oz

http://www.amazon.com/Every-Man-Jack-De ... y+man+jack

http://www.amazon.com/Every-Man-Jack-Ce ... y+man+jack
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

Neither of the amazon links you have are sold by Amazon. Third party sellers on Amazon can charge whatever they like and are often not a great deal.

However, Amazon is rarely a great deal on anything like a single stick of deodorant. Usually can get much better prices on those items at Target.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

But that is were Amazon is deceiving, they are growing the 3rd party selling and decreasing/leveling off the sold by amazon and just sticking the prime label on the 3rd party items.

So your saying the only buy stuff sold by amazon on there like a bird feeder, water bottle or other endless amounts of junk?
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

I have no idea how many items Amazon sells, but I doubt they ever intend to offer 100 different deodorant varieties like you see at Target. Amazon tends to be a better deal for larger items or multi packs.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I think i'm done shopping with Amazon, everything is so overpriced now and i'm finding it harder and harder to find between sold by amazon and 3rd party. I just did a price comparison with exact same items from Amazon and the exact same stuff on a new site called jet.com that is basically wholesale pricing. Amazon prices were $110 for cheapest available item, i ordered the same exact stuff on jet.com, it cost 54 bucks and everything was free shipping on orders over 50 bucks it didn't have to be prime eligible, just spend 50 and you get free shipping.

I mean just look at something like this
Swedish Fish, 30.4 Oz, (861g) - Prime Eligible - $10.42
Swedish Fish, 30.4 Ounce, (861g) - On Jet.com - $4.96
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

I do quite a bit on subscribe and save. I guess i need to reprice everything after this discussion.

I am conflicted because I like not paying sales tax, but also like having a funded local government.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I guess i'm just getting pissed that Amazon is forcing you to be prime but then the shipping has become like a puzzle, you can get free basic shipping over 35 dollars but they can't be add on items, to get add on item free shipping you have to spend over 25 to get that free but then if its a 3rd party item that doesn't qualify for anything but the 3rd party is usually the cheapest price of all!!!! I'm just getting sick of it all. I actually got all those items from Jet.com for 35 bucks bucks because I had an american express deal if i spent 50 on jet.com I get a $20 dollar statement credit.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Just wanted to give another shout out to Jet.com, I ordered Friday and I already got my order Monday, i think it helps that jet.com has a warehouse in Edgerton so the Jet.com fufilled ordered will come super fast. Other orders from there were barnes and noble and another site so my complete order has not fully shipped.