JaCo Translational Medicine Sales Tax

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
mailman641
Strip mall
Strip mall

Re: JaCo Translational Medicine Sales Tax

Post by mailman641 »

At 10:30 this morning I was the only voter at 47th and Ash. One other showed up while I was there and about 5 more came as I was leaving the parking lot. Two electioneers, one for each side.

edit: the first unofficial results from jcebmo.org say 1141 NO to 667 YES. still a long way to go before all the votes are counted.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

mailman641 wrote:edit: the first unofficial results from jcebmo.org say 1141 NO to 667 YES. still a long way to go before all the votes are counted.
edit: not even one full precinct tallied so too early to tell. 8pm that is. Still, thats a pretty big gap.
http://jcebmo.org/sites/default/files/E ... ry1113.pdf
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Yeah, it's over now with 50% reporting and 86/13 gap. Massive fail.

I hope they don't give up. Is a good thing to pursue, just not with local sales tax.
mailman641
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by mailman641 »

Based on how much political mail there was just for this one question, I was expecting the results to be closer to 60/40. Although I don't have the official count of either mailings, it seems to me like there was more vote yes than vote no flyers and the most of the vote yes ones were larger. The first ones I remember delivering though were for vote no and they were large postcard sized. As for tv ads, from what I saw they seemed pretty well matched 50/50. I didn't see many yard signs for either side and most of those were for yes.