Things to do in KC. Check out this list. Feedback?

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Things to do in KC. Check out this list. Feedback?

Post by StL_Dan »

flyingember wrote:
StL_Dan wrote:
WinchesterMysteryHouse wrote:Best thing to do in KC is to bike it!
Rent 'em or buy some refurb'ed from 816 Bike Collective!
The thrifts will sell you any busted-ass bike for $$$.
816 makes 'em road-ready for about the same price as thrift/craigslist, fact.
I was just talking to a co-worker about biking from Olathe all the way to downtown. There really isn't any way to do that efficiently, much less safely. Would be extremely cool to take a day to ride the 20 miles up, tour the city, mid town and westport, and wherever else, then ride back. Oh well....
really? Because that's actually one of the few doable safe bike routes across the city. There's very few places in KC which can get to midtown on bike without large amounts of time on road and have it be as direct.

Get to Indian Creek trail where it's roughly at Santa Fe at South Mur-Len. this takes you all the way to Holmes Road in KC in almost a straight line.
Then you go north on Holmes to the Trolley Track Trail which gets you all the way to UMKC.
Nice! Thanks for educating me on that. Can't wait to ride it out. Very familiar with the Indian Creek Trail, but wasn't aware there was a good link to a route that goes into the south Plaza area. Very cool.
WinchesterMysteryHouse
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by WinchesterMysteryHouse »

StL_Dan wrote:
WinchesterMysteryHouse wrote:Best thing to do in KC is to bike it!
Rent 'em or buy some refurb'ed from 816 Bike Collective!
The thrifts will sell you any busted-ass bike for $$$.
816 makes 'em road-ready for about the same price as thrift/craigslist, fact.
I was just talking to a co-worker about biking from Olathe all the way to downtown. There really isn't any way to do that efficiently, much less safely. Would be extremely cool to take a day to ride the 20 miles up, tour the city, mid town and westport, and wherever else, then ride back. Oh well....
No- but no tourist is biking out to scenic Olathe.
Biking and bussing the Urban Core is the suggestion. Shit, I did this 1999-2010. It wasn't efficient after I got an adult job that wouldn't accept cyclist-hygiene. Cycling into KC from the 'burbs would be a commendable task. I don't know anyone who does so, but high five if you do.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

As soon as they're done with construction on Merriam Lane I'm trying at least one day a week.