I want KCATA to run 24 hours in KCMO

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

I want KCATA to run 24 hours in KCMO

Post by trailerkid »

Let's use this tool and try to get our voice heard on this issue. 24/7 buses in KCMO-- let's DO THIS.

https://neighborland.com/ideas/kansas-c ... n-24-hours
smh
Supporter

Re: I want KCATA to run 24 hours in KCMO

Post by smh »

I'd rather have higher frequency service on more routes as opposed to a longer service day.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

^Agree. Would be a waste to run all those buses when few use it. Not many cities have 24x7 bus service. Can take a cab after hours.

MAX Orange and Green lines run every 10min weekdays 15min at night, which is pretty good but Sunday they only run every 30 min all day. Would rather see them run every 10/15 every day and also add one more MAX line on W side of city from downtown to Ward Parkway mall. Or at least bump up 51 or 47 bus to every 10/15min until then. That would at least make transit consistently usable through each area of city core stretch.

Do any cities have a cab/bus collaboration? Like monthly bus pass can be used for cab discount after bus hours? Something like that may be more workable. MAX stops could double as cab stands after hours. If nothing like this exists, KC could take a lead in doing something progressive with optimizing transit.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

I don't use the bus and agree frequency matters more.

an improved hub line like 142 or MAX is critical for improved service to the whole system. you don't want to wait a long time because the next bus is 10 minutes behind. there's a lot to smaller numbers. 9 minutes is better than 12 psychologically.

it's why headways and the streetcar are important. for 2 miles you're not adding a ton of time to the end but people see it taking forever if it's too long between vehicles and don't see it as quicker than driving.

this whole area of transit is a good the reason for informational boards across the whole system. a way for a vehicle driver to post a "car wreck on routte" status to a bus or streetcar status board ahead would help a lot of people be more patient. slow by accident is something people understand.