Devin's 1KCP

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
SonicBoi
New York Life
New York Life

Devin's 1KCP

Post by SonicBoi »

Devin, You can't really go by "This is a floor, this is not a floor." The windows on most of the floors start about waist high and go to the cealing. Some areas use 3 pane floor to cealing windows. Just remember how many rows of windows there are per floor. Most floors in 1kcp have 2 rows while the upper floors have both 2 and 3 (or more) Also, look for the office lights. Usually, if you are on the dark side of the building, you can see them (most buildings are that way). They didn't skip any floors (That I have noticed). I have no real idea why the corners have different colored glass. I would perfer that the glass on those parts was the same color as the rest of the building. BTW, they don't count the mechanical floor(s) at the top of the building in the official floor count.
SonicBoi
1 Samuel 18:3-4: And Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself. Jonathan took off the robe he was wearing and gave it to David, along with his tunic, and even his sword, his bow and his belt.
KCDevin

Devin's 1KCP

Post by KCDevin »

what are the mechanical floors?
also, KONE has the floors as 45, so maybe they include mechanical floors.
apparently (according to ss.com and ssp, mech. floors are counted. although ss.com didnt know about these additional floors)
SonicBoi
New York Life
New York Life

Devin's 1KCP

Post by SonicBoi »

Mechanical floors are, um, floors that are used to run the building. Usually they are at the top and sometimes there are one or more somewhere in the middle. Kone is probably including the basements in the parking garage. I know I have parked as low as sub5. They probably aren't counting mech. floors on ss.com (and generally across the board) because they use whatever they are told by the owners and users that look at the elevators and stuff. However, if you were to look at the elevators in 1kcp, from the lobby, they only go as high as 41. There is a private elevator for the top 3 floors (40, 41, and 42).
SonicBoi
1 Samuel 18:3-4: And Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself. Jonathan took off the robe he was wearing and gave it to David, along with his tunic, and even his sword, his bow and his belt.
KCDevin

Devin's 1KCP

Post by KCDevin »

i was actually asking which floors are mechanical but thats ok ;)
i gotta look for those 2 .pdf files KONE has.
Apparently ssp.com counts mech. floors (sears tower would be 110 if not for the top mechanical floor)
So could you give me the number of mechanical floors and you said there are 5 basement floors?
SonicBoi
New York Life
New York Life

Devin's 1KCP

Post by SonicBoi »

Um, As far as I know, there are no mech. floors. But I have only been on a few floors any way. The elevator won't stop on some floors without typing in a special code using the buttons (kinda a cool idea, really), so I wouldn't have access to them, any way. Part of the basement is parking garage.
SonicBoi
KCDevin

Devin's 1KCP

Post by KCDevin »

well, i was wondering what those extra and smaller floors were.