KCMO Construction Costs

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
KCDevin

KCMO Construction Costs

Post by KCDevin »

I just got the Almanac of Architecture and Design 2003 4th Edition and in it are construction costs of different buildings around the United States.
The numbers are per square foot.
Office 11-20 floors: 95.68$ per sq ft
Hotel 8-24 floors: 103.07$ per sq ft
Apartment 8-24 floors: 125.97$ per sq ft
That means 2555 Grand cost about $65,062,400 just to build.
If you are looking at building a 11-20 floor office building with 700,000 sq ft. Itd cost about $66,976,000.
If you wanna build a hotel 8-24 floors and 800,000 sq ft. Itd be about 82,456,000$.
Cool statistics.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

KCMO Construction Costs

Post by tat2kc »

cool stats. As much time and effort you put into things like this, you are going to be a great designer, maybe the premier KC urban planner! keep it up, buddy.
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
KCDevin

KCMO Construction Costs

Post by KCDevin »

thanks man! :)
I've already planned on what i'm gonna do in the future. Its almost rock solid now, i'll become an architect or intern like after college, then become an architect and work my way up and hopefully create a long lasting firm. Then once I am about to enter retirment i'll try to become mayor of Kansas City if I think i'll do good by then.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

KCMO Construction Costs

Post by tat2kc »

Devin, Check out: www.wearehelix.com My partner does their accounting and such.

They have taken high school students I work with to work for short periods in the summer. If and when you get to the point you might be interested in trying to get some work experience with the firm, drop me a line and I'll see what I can do. It would mostly be just grunt work, but at least you can see how a firm works from the ground up .
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
KCDevin

KCMO Construction Costs

Post by KCDevin »

well once im a sophmore or junior ill begin going to the vocational school here to get even more education (although i am still going to college) and apparently either UMKC or VoTec require internship. Also, it might look bad if I don't go to work but I go to be an intern also. I would do it, however my mother and co-workers might not be too happy about it... (i work during the summer for about 70$ a day at St. Lukes Hospital)
Thanks for the offer ;)
Oh, did they design the American Century Towers? I know JeDunn constructed them, but I can't figure out the architects.
But thanks for the offer :) Ill keep it in mind. It might be a few years though possibly before I enter college.

EDIT:
My mother just told me to do it. She said the doctors would actually be happy cause they want me to succeed. She also said it would help with my grades and such at votech and school.
However I'd still like time to think about it
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

KCMO Construction Costs

Post by tat2kc »

They didn't do the towers, but they did do the Hotel Phillips, Aquila Energy, Webster House, the Toy and Miniature Museum addition, the Mission Hills Country Club to name a few. They are also in the process of designing a non-profit campus in Quality Hill, and they are the designer for the renovations at the Bolling Federal building dowtown. In residential, they do both private residences and some multi family units, such as the Metropolitan and the Madison, both on the plaza and under construction at the moment.