KC engineering mecca?

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

KC engineering mecca?

Post by dangerboy »

QueSi2Opie wrote:
KC wrote:I honestly do not see us 10 years behind other major cities as was stated.
We're behind in new urbanism, downtown revitalization and transit. Most cities began tackling these problems in 1990.
Our downtown revitalization definitely started 10 years ago, 10 years is how long it takes to start seeing results. We've been working on transit for 10 years, but just haven't made any progress yet. As for new urbanism, we might be a little late, but with nine different projects proposed or under construction, I would say they we are now ahead of most cities.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

KC engineering mecca?

Post by tat2kc »

OK, let's quit comparing ourselves to other cities. No matter what happens here, there will always be some city that is fat ahead of us, more progressive, whatever. There will also be those citiies that are behind us. We have the worst inferiority complex ever!!! KC is a great city, and it is moving in the right direction. We've made tons of mistakes in the past, and lots of people in power are complacent and really don't care (such as the school board). Let us just keep moving forward, and if the leaders of our city and its agencies don't want to move with us, toss em aside and get someone who does.
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
KCDevin

KC engineering mecca?

Post by KCDevin »

in about 9-10 years we will have a good local government and good architects/engineers ;)
(we will have everyone here working together)
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

KC engineering mecca?

Post by QueSi2Opie »

tat2kc wrote:We have the worst inferiority complex ever!!! KC is a great city, and it is moving in the right direction.
If we play our cards right, we'll be dead even with most cities in 2007. But that depends on the people and the local/state government. In the meantime, Kansas City is still one of the most beautiful cities in America, has one of the best art museums in the nation, has one of the best shopping districts in the nation, has one of the best freeway systems in the nation, not to mention a ton of great art galleries, historical attractions, and neighborhoods. However, we have our problems, and we can't turn a blind eye and be satisfied with anything less than leaps! We have a lil' bit of catchin' up to do these next 4 years.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.