?'s about haunted houses

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

?'s about haunted houses

Post by trailerkid »

Thinking about going to a haunted house this weekend. Never been before....any suggestions? Or should I refrain because these things are hurting downtown?
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

?'s about haunted houses

Post by bahua »

Who said they're hurting downtown? They are making use of a largely empty neighborhood. I'm glad someone's using it for something. If development came to the West Bottoms, that would be even better, but under our current tax system, I don't see it happening in any natural course any time soon.

Also, if development came, the Haunted Houses wouldn't exactly put up a wall around the neighborhood to keep prosperity away. There are Haunted Houses all over the country, and plenty of them exist in vital, valuable neighborhoods.

And, no. I don't know any good ones to try. I hear they are good though.
kcmajik
Strip mall
Strip mall

?'s about haunted houses

Post by kcmajik »

i've been to catacombs and edge of hell. catacombs was a waste of money but edge of hell was pretty good. we paid some extra money at EOH to go to the front of the line-they gave me a t-shirt with a skeleton popping out of a coffin and the EOH logo on it- i wore it to a nursing home the next day-lol!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

?'s about haunted houses

Post by KCPowercat »

bahua...I believe he was talking about the ones on Main which are hurting development.

Make the bottoms as many haunted houses as they wish, but get off of Main Street so development can go forward. The few on Grand are now closed so that's good.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

?'s about haunted houses

Post by dangerboy »

bahua wrote:Who said they're hurting downtown? They are making use of a largely empty neighborhood. I'm glad someone's using it for something.
Agreed. For at least some people the haunted houses are one of the few things that entice them downtown, so for that reason alone they are useful. Eventually the houses on Main will give to other development as the property values rise and the owners sell to developers and move to cheaper locatoins.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

?'s about haunted houses

Post by QueSi2Opie »

The ones to visit are Edge of Hell, The Beast and Catacombs. They are all in the West Bottoms. KC actually has the best so-called haunted houses in the United States. Jus' be prepared to stand in line with a bunch of lil' teenagers. They usually send you through in groups of 5 to 7.

Someone said they didn't like Catacombs? It doesn't have a huge slide, but you can actually spend the most time in that one. It's the only one where people can actually get lost...a friend of my wife spent 3 damn hours in there. Most of them take about 30 - 40 minutes to complete.

Personally, I think they should be changed into Goth clubs for people aged 16 to 21 in the off season.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

?'s about haunted houses

Post by bahua »

QueSi2Opie wrote:Personally, I think they should be changed into Goth clubs for people aged 16 to 21 in the off season.
Yeah. we should ENCOURAGE kids to be depressed and listen to Marilyn Manson.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

?'s about haunted houses

Post by QueSi2Opie »

bahua wrote:Yeah. we should ENCOURAGE kids to be depressed and listen to Marilyn Manson.
Most real Goth kids don't care for Marilyn Manson.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.