out in westport

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

out in westport

Post by tat2kc »

Don't forget, Out in Westport, on Sunday, Oct. 5, form 11-6!
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: out in westport

Post by StL_Dan »

tat2kc wrote:Don't forget, Out in Westport, on Sunday, Oct. 5, form 11-6!
Is this a "gay" thing? Seriously.
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

Re: out in westport

Post by QueSi2Opie »

StL_Dan wrote:
tat2kc wrote:Don't forget, Out in Westport, on Sunday, Oct. 5, form 11-6!
Is this a "gay" thing? Seriously.
Aye, Danny boy, you and all your Westboro Baptist Church friends are invited.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

out in westport

Post by tat2kc »

yep, its a gay thing. Open houses for the community center, free music and children's activites, fund raising for Passages, the gay and lesbian youth support group, and some good publicity for the Kansas City anti-violence project.

Que, Dan has been pretty open minded and respectful on the gay issues, he sure is not a member or westboro!
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

out in westport

Post by StL_Dan »

tat2kc wrote:yep, its a gay thing. Open houses for the community center, free music and children's activites, fund raising for Passages, the gay and lesbian youth support group, and some good publicity for the Kansas City anti-violence project.

Que, Dan has been pretty open minded and respectful on the gay issues, he sure is not a member or westboro!
Thanks for the info, tat. hope you have/are having a great weekend.

Que....what is Westboro all about? Never heard of it.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

out in westport

Post by mean »

"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

out in westport

Post by QueSi2Opie »

StL_Dan wrote:Que....what is Westboro all about? Never heard of it.
It's Fred Phelps and his Baptist Church in Topeka, KS. Mean left you the website.

Tat...I wasn't being serious, jus' makin' Dan research the extreme view by what I'd consider a dangerous Christian cult.

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

out in westport

Post by StL_Dan »

QueSi2Opie wrote:
StL_Dan wrote:Que....what is Westboro all about? Never heard of it.
It's Fred Phelps and his Baptist Church in Topeka, KS. Mean left you the website.

Tat...I wasn't being serious, jus' makin' Dan research the extreme view by what I'd consider a dangerous Christian cult.
Que, I'm disappointed. You've read (at least I think you have) my posts on other threads in the past month or so in which Phelps has been discussed. This would lead me to believe you know where I stand regarding Fred Phelps and his hate based agenda masqueraded as Christianity. ](*,)
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

out in westport

Post by StL_Dan »

mean wrote:http://www.godhatesfags.com

^ Westboro
It's DEFINITELY worth repeating.......God hates sin, not the sinner. If he did hate the sinner, he would hate this straight, middle aged, husband of one and father of three. None of us were born into this world w/o sin....none of us.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

out in westport

Post by mean »

It always makes me giggle when christians are like, "that other guy who says he is a christian isn't a christian, but I am." Hee hee hee!
"It is not to my good friend's heresy that I impute his honesty. On the contrary, 'tis his honesty that has brought upon him the character of heretic." -- Ben Franklin
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

out in westport

Post by tat2kc »

That website is the most frightening thing I've ever seen. If you did not go to it, these fine upstanding Baptists are in the midst of planning a momument celebrating Mathew Shepards "entry into hell" to be erected not far from the site he was found. (For the who do not remember, Mathew was beaten and left for dead tied to a fence in Wyoming. He died a few days later).

Anyway... The day was fun, lots of friends were out, it was a great day all around.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

out in westport

Post by QueSi2Opie »

tat2kc wrote:That website is the most frightening thing I've ever seen. If you did not go to it, these fine upstanding Baptists are in the midst of planning a momument celebrating Mathew Shepards "entry into hell" to be erected not far from the site he was found. (For the who do not remember, Mathew was beaten and left for dead tied to a fence in Wyoming. He died a few days later).
Exactly, one of his followers could someday wind up seriously hurting somebody!

Dan, there's all kinds of Christians jus' as there are all kinds of Muslims. I still love you though :wink:

http://users.hubwest.com/prophet/
Aggressive Christianity Spirit Community! Members consist of white, black, hispanic and asian.

StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

out in westport

Post by StL_Dan »

tat2kc wrote:That website is the most frightening thing I've ever seen.
Yes.....I agree. I can't believe how badly this Phelps guy abuses the Bible by quoting scripture for his own hateful agenda.

mean, if you ever read the Bible you'd know Jesus never tells Christians to dehumanize, hate and strip other people, icluding "sinners" of their dignity by running them into the ground with hate based judgement.

This guy is not an example of a genuine, loving Christian. I assure you.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

out in westport

Post by StL_Dan »

QueSi2Opie wrote: Dan, there's all kinds of Christians jus' as there are all kinds of Muslims. I still love you though :wink:
Que, I appreciate the sentiment....however, I disagree with the statement "there's all kinds of Christians....".

The Bible says there is only one kind of Christian, one who loves God and who's life exemplifies this love to his fellow man.

Fred Phelps does not exemplify this basic Biblical tenant.....therefore, holding his life and the fruits of his life up to the words of Jesus in the Bible, the blueprint and instruction manual for every Christian, he is not a Christian. He is a cultic nut at the very least and is not interested in loving people into the kingdom of God. His only goal is to make a living off being a wacko that has thousands of people dooped into thinking that what he says is more important than God's own words.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

out in westport

Post by dangerboy »

StL_Dan wrote:It's DEFINITELY worth repeating.......God hates sin, not the sinner. If he did hate the sinner, he would hate this straight, middle aged, husband of one and father of three. None of us were born into this world w/o sin....none of us.
As well-intentioned as that sentiment is, that whole "hate the sex not the homesexual" idea is a cop out. It still perpetuates the idea that the person is doing something wrong.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

out in westport

Post by bahua »

Everything I was ever told, growing up, about God was that God doesn't hate anything. The very concept of hate is exactly contrary to God's nature. All that God does is love, and leave the hate to people who refuse to understand things. Loving, hating, condemning, judging- these are all functions of the free will that is given to each person, and all(except love) are carried out solely by humans, and not by God.

Regardless of any sin(which God does not hate, being solely a loving being), God loves everyone, unconditionally. That's what Jesus was trying to tell people, and none of the following quoted statements:

"God hates you if you do X."
"You have sinned, so you are wretched. Therefore God is sickened by you, and wants nothing to do with you."
"Make friends with me, and I'll sneak you past God, because he hates you anyway."
"Salvation is achieved through faith alone(sola fidei) in me, because you have no hope in swaying God, who hates you."

I see the hate culture of many of the so-called Christian religions as nothing more than a base attempt by people to control the lives of other people. People like power, and often, they evilly use what they sell as "Gospel" to impose their dominion over other people. It's simply despicable.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

out in westport

Post by QueSi2Opie »

Here's another good Christian website...

QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

out in westport

Post by QueSi2Opie »

mean
Administrator
Administrator

out in westport

Post by mean »

mean, if you ever read the Bible you'd know Jesus never tells Christians to dehumanize, hate and strip other people, icluding "sinners" of their dignity by running them into the ground with hate based judgement.
Oh, I've read it. Suffice to say, a good number of people believe that there is ample evidence in the scripture to defend their vile behavior. Just because you don't think so doesn't make your personal views any more or their personal views any less valid, any more or less "Christian".

It reminds me of how a lot of Islamic folks denounce terrorists as being "non-Muslims". Of course they're Muslims you ninnies, they're just really pissed off Muslims. Doing something stupid in the name of religion doesn't make you nonreligious, it just makes you stupid.
kcmajik
Strip mall
Strip mall

out in westport

Post by kcmajik »

dangerboy wrote:As well-intentioned as that sentiment is, that whole "hate the sex not the homesexual" idea is a cop out. It still perpetuates the idea that the person is doing something wrong.
so then can i imply that you're saying there's no right and wrong???