Wonderscope, Childrens Museum to Merge

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: Wonderscope, Childrens Museum to Merge

Post by brewcrew1000 »

rxlexi wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:35 pm Like just about every other cultural attraction in the area, wish this was going somewhere in the core. Would be nice to see Wonderscope grow into a legit children's museum, something KC currently lacks (Rabbit Hole in NKC looks very cool too).

Prairiefire Museum is another recent cultural facility that I feel is underused/appreciated as a result of being tucked in it's distant little corner of the metro...
I don't understand the location either but Magic House in St Louis has non core/suburban location so maybe it will work out. I don't many other cities that have suburban located Children's Museums. I think the point of a downtown location is for easy access for people from the entire Metro to easily get to.
TheLastGentleman
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by TheLastGentleman »

Is Science City not considered a children's museum?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

TheLastGentleman wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:25 pm Is Science City not considered a children's museum?
It’s a science museum duh
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

children's museums used to be about career exploration, arts and crafts and the like.
science museums used to be about static science displays, planetariums and such

I would say there's very few museums of either type anymore, that they're the same thing today