Best bank in KC?

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
Post Reply
User avatar
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square
Posts: 11221
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 4:49 pm
Location: San Francisco, California
Contact:

Best bank in KC?

Post by trailerkid » Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:36 pm

It was mentioned before that some banks are better than others when it comes to loaning money for projects that help the community. Hillcrest Bank was mentioned for its activities. What other banks should people use to show support for projects that invest in the urban core?

User avatar
bahua
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 10857
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 7:39 pm
Location: Out of Town
Contact:

Best bank in KC?

Post by bahua » Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:44 am

It should also be noted that there is tax money for people who want to start a business in the urban core, particularly along main street, so with that in mind, along with decent credit and a good idea, any bank would probably be happy to help you out.

User avatar
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 9029
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:28 am
Location: West 39th St. - KCMO

Best bank in KC?

Post by dangerboy » Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:17 am

Missouri State Bank and Trust has been credited with doing a lot of business in the urban core. I think they have won some small business of the year awards and similar things.

Central Bank (HQ in the Old Northeast) and Brotherhood Bank (KCK) also seem to be very community-minded.

While not in the urban core, I see a lot of construction projects with "financing by Gold Bank" signs. It's good to see a Joco bank lending money to local projects in other parts of the metro area.

User avatar
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Posts: 3546
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2002 3:04 pm
Location: Olathe via St Louis

Best bank in KC?

Post by StL_Dan » Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:49 am

dangerboy wrote:While not in the urban core, I see a lot of construction projects with "financing by Gold Bank" signs. It's good to see a Joco bank lending money to local projects in other parts of the metro area.


You MUST be hallucinating, danger.
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze

User avatar
KC_JAYHAWK
Colonnade
Colonnade
Posts: 901
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:33 am
Location: Waldo

Best bank in KC?

Post by KC_JAYHAWK » Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:16 am

Although not a local bank, I see Bank of America financing a lot of urban renewal initiatives not just in KC but other major cities they have a large presence in. I think they should change the name of 1KC Place to Bank of America tower IMO. 1KC is a remnant from the Morgan building empire that never happened. :cry:
THE KID KEPT ONLY TWO COLORS IN HIS CRAYON BOX.....ONE RED……THE OTHER BLUE!

User avatar
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 9029
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:28 am
Location: West 39th St. - KCMO

Best bank in KC?

Post by dangerboy » Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:42 am

StL_Dan wrote:
dangerboy wrote:While not in the urban core, I see a lot of construction projects with "financing by Gold Bank" signs. It's good to see a Joco bank lending money to local projects in other parts of the metro area.


You MUST be hallucinating, danger.


How so? Was that sarcasm or an un-supported argument?

User avatar
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 9029
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:28 am
Location: West 39th St. - KCMO

Best bank in KC?

Post by dangerboy » Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:45 am

KC_JAYHAWK wrote:Although not a local bank, I see Bank of America financing a lot of urban renewal initiatives not just in KC but other major cities they have a large presence in. I think they should change the name of 1KC Place to Bank of America tower IMO. 1KC is a remnant from the Morgan building empire that never happened. :cry:


When BofA moved their local HQ to 1KC they were supposed to rename it to Bank of America Building and add some signage, but I guess that never actually happened. I don't know his name, but one of their big local execs was also a very big champion of the downtown arena idea for a long time.

User avatar
bahua
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 10857
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 7:39 pm
Location: Out of Town
Contact:

Best bank in KC?

Post by bahua » Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:29 am

This country needs another Bank of America Building like it needs another Verizon Wireless theatre/stadium/concert center.

Post Reply